Eisboch

Default Wild day at the dock

Wind is blowing 25 to 30 mph with a forecast of winds increasing today
to 40 mph with gusts over 60, it is making for a exciting day at the
slip today. To make matters worse, over half of the boats have been
hauled, so the wind is hitting the boat hard across the open water.

Got the heat on, (44 degrees outside) lines doubled up, and I am
watching Imus on MSNBC. He just had Terry Bradshaw on - that man is a
total lunatic.

I love the sound of the lines stretching as the boat sways and bobs
around. Methinks a nap may be in order later.

Life is good.

Eisboch
Eisboch

Harry Krause wrote:
Eisboch wrote:

Wind is blowing 25 to 30 mph with a forecast of winds increasing today
to 40 mph with gusts over 60, it is making for a exciting day at the
slip today. To make matters worse, over half of the boats have been
hauled, so the wind is hitting the boat hard across the open water.

Got the heat on, (44 degrees outside) lines doubled up, and I am
watching Imus on MSNBC. He just had Terry Bradshaw on - that man is a
total lunatic.

Good grief...Imus? You'd be better off watching Roadrunner cartoons.
Go update to Thunderbird .9.

I happen to enjoy Roadrunner cartoons.

Imus has changed quite a bit over the years. If you haven't seen or
listened for a while, check it out.

Eisboch
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 09:17:33 -0500, Eisboch
wrote:

Wind is blowing 25 to 30 mph with a forecast of winds increasing today
to 40 mph with gusts over 60, it is making for a exciting day at the
slip today. To make matters worse, over half of the boats have been
hauled, so the wind is hitting the boat hard across the open water.

Got the heat on, (44 degrees outside) lines doubled up, and I am
watching Imus on MSNBC. He just had Terry Bradshaw on - that man is a
total lunatic.

I love the sound of the lines stretching as the boat sways and bobs
around. Methinks a nap may be in order later.

Life is good.

Sounds like it. I just returned from Nantucket and the Sound is white
from one side to the other - amazing.

This is the kind of day I like to go to the beach over in RI and put
the truck on the rip rap, turn on the tunes and watch the waves go by.

Later,

Tom

"Beware the one legged man in a butt
kicking contest - he is there for a
reason."

Wun Hung Lo - date unknown
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 10:18:46 -0500, Eisboch
wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:
Eisboch wrote:

Wind is blowing 25 to 30 mph with a forecast of winds increasing today
to 40 mph with gusts over 60, it is making for a exciting day at the
slip today. To make matters worse, over half of the boats have been
hauled, so the wind is hitting the boat hard across the open water.

Got the heat on, (44 degrees outside) lines doubled up, and I am
watching Imus on MSNBC. He just had Terry Bradshaw on - that man is a
total lunatic.

Good grief...Imus? You'd be better off watching Roadrunner cartoons.
Go update to Thunderbird .9.

I happen to enjoy Roadrunner cartoons.

HERE HERE!!

Imus has changed quite a bit over the years. If you haven't seen or
listened for a while, check it out.

I can't listen anymore. When I do, it's for the nine o'clock hour
when Sid is the star. :)

Later,

Tom
-----------
"Angling may be said to be so
like the mathematics that it
can never be fully learnt..."

Izaak Walton "The Compleat Angler", 1653
Short Wave Sportfishing

wrote:

Wind is blowing 25 to 30 mph with a forecast of winds increasing today
to 40 mph with gusts over 60, it is making for a exciting day at the
slip today. To make matters worse, over half of the boats have been
hauled, so the wind is hitting the boat hard across the open water.

Got the heat on, (44 degrees outside) lines doubled up, and I am
watching Imus on MSNBC. He just had Terry Bradshaw on - that man is a
total lunatic.

I love the sound of the lines stretching as the boat sways and bobs
around. Methinks a nap may be in order later.

Life is good.

Sounds like it. I just returned from Nantucket and the Sound is white
from one side to the other - amazing.

This is the kind of day I like to go to the beach over in RI and put
the truck on the rip rap, turn on the tunes and watch the waves go by.

I meant to say Niantic, not Nantucket.

How the F it got to Nantucket is beyond me.

Later,

Tom

Eisboch

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

Sounds like it. I just returned from Nantucket and the Sound is white

from one side to the other - amazing.

This is the kind of day I like to go to the beach over in RI and put
the truck on the rip rap, turn on the tunes and watch the waves go by.

I meant to say Niantic, not Nantucket.

How the F it got to Nantucket is beyond me.

Later,

Tom

I sorta wondered about that. If 15 footers is your idea of white water,
you're a far braver sailor than I! :-)

Eisboch

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 03:49:35 GMT, "mgg" wrote:

I meant to say Niantic, not Nantucket.

I dated a girl for a while in college that was from Niantic. Nice place.

Yeah, it is. And it has one of the best bait shops anywhere - -
Hillyer's.

The state launch ramp down there is also very nice, but the exit to
Niantic Bay is a little tricky - the passage under the railroad bridge
is really fun when the tide is running full strength.

All the best,

Tom

"What the hell's the deal with this newsgroup...
is there a computer terminal in the day room of
some looney bin somewhere?"

Bilgeman - circa 2004

Update on Marina Damage -- FL Coasts anchorlt Cruising 0 September 24th 04 08:03 PM
Sailing into the dock Bart Senior ASA 7 August 24th 04 05:14 AM
A Commodores Meanderings: Part 2 RGrew176 General 0 August 3rd 04 03:03 AM
would like to build a low tide dock, or how do you get folks on your boat without a dock ? MIKE Cruising 6 May 12th 04 03:37 PM
slip or mooring costs Parallax Cruising 42 March 29th 04 05:16 PM