NOYB

Default OT--Bush has the higher IQ

POLITICAL POINTS
Secret Weapon for Bush?
By JOHN TIERNEY

To Bush-bashers, it may be the most infuriating revelation yet from the
military records of the two presidential candidates: the young George W.
Bush probably had a higher I.Q. than did the young John Kerry.

That, at least, is the conclusion of Steve Sailer, a conservative columnist
at the Web magazine Vdare.com and a veteran student of presidential I.Q.'s.
During the last presidential campaign Mr. Sailer estimated from Mr. Bush's
SAT score (1206) that his I.Q. was in the mid-120's, about 10 points lower
than Al Gore's.

Mr. Kerry's SAT score is not known, but now Mr. Sailer has done a comparison
of the intelligence tests in the candidates' military records. They are not
formal I.Q. tests, but Mr. Sailer says they are similar enough to make
reasonable extrapolations.

Mr. Bush's score on the Air Force Officer Qualifying Test at age 22 again
suggests that his I.Q was the mid-120's, putting Mr. Bush in about the 95th
percentile of the population, according to Mr. Sailer. Mr. Kerry's I.Q. was
about 120, in the 91st percentile, according to Mr. Sailer's extrapolation
of his score at age 22 on the Navy Officer Qualification Test.

Linda Gottfredson, an I.Q. expert at the University of Delaware, called it a
creditable analysis said she was not surprised at the results or that so
many people had assumed that Mr. Kerry was smarter. "People will often be
misled into thinking someone is brighter if he says something complicated
they can't understand," Professor Gottfredson said.

http://www.nytimes.com/pages/politics/trail/

thunder

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 21:18:44 -0400, NOYB wrote:

POLITICAL POINTS
Secret Weapon for Bush?
By JOHN TIERNEY

To Bush-bashers, it may be the most infuriating revelation yet from the
military records of the two presidential candidates: the young George W.
Bush probably had a higher I.Q. than did the young John Kerry.

Probably, before all those years of drinking took it's toll.;-) Frankly,
I'm more concerned with Bush's intelligence now, and, honestly, he doesn't
seem that bright.
basskisser

Mr. Bush's score on the a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=1&k=air%20force" onmouseover="window.status='Air Force'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;"Air Force/a Officer Qualifying Test at age 22 again
suggests that his I.Q was the mid-120's, putting Mr. Bush in about the 95th
percentile of the population, according to Mr. Sailer. Mr. Kerry's I.Q. was
about 120, in the 91st percentile, according to Mr. Sailer's extrapolation
of his score at age 22 on the Navy Officer Qualification Test.

Linda Gottfredson, an I.Q. expert at the University of Delaware, called it a
creditable analysis said she was not surprised at the results or that so
many people had assumed that Mr. Kerry was smarter. "People will often be
misled into thinking someone is brighter if he says something complicated
they can't understand," Professor Gottfredson said.

http://www.nytimes.com/pages/politics/trail/

That's odd, the study below seems just as plausible, and puts Bush
quite a bit lower:
WASHINGTON --In a report published Monday, the Lovenstein Institute of
Scranton, Pennsylvania detailed its findings of a four month study of
the intelligence quotient of President George W. Bush. Since 1973, the
Lovenstein Institute has published its research to the education
community on each new president, which includes the famous "IQ" report
among others.

According to statements in the report, there have been twelve
presidents over the past 60 years, from F. D. Roosevelt to G. W. Bush
who were all rated based on scholarly achievements, writings that they
alone produced without aid of staff, their ability to speak with
clarity, and several other psychological factors which were then
scored in the Swanson/Crain system of intelligence ranking. The study
determined the following IQs of each president as accurate to within
five percentage points:

147 Franklin D. Roosevelt (D)
132 Harry Truman (D)
122 Dwight D. Eisenhower (R)
174 John F. Kennedy (D)
126 Lyndon B. Johnson (D)
155 Richard M. Nixon (R)
121 Gerald R. Ford (R)
176 James E. Carter (D)
105 Ronald W. Reagan (R)
98 George H. W. Bush (R)
182 William J. Clinton (D)
91 George W. Bush (D)

The six Republican presidents of the past 60 years had an average IQ
of 115.5, with President Nixon having the highest IQ, at 155.
President G. W. Bush was rated the lowest of all the Republicans with
an IQ of 91.

The six Democrat presidents had IQs with an average of 156, with
President Clinton having the highest IQ, at 182. President Lyndon B.
Johnson was rated the lowest of all the Democrats with an IQ of 126.

No president other than Carter (D) has released his actual IQ, 176.
Among comments made concerning the specific testing of President GW
Bush, his low ratings were due to his apparent difficulty to command
the English language in public statements, his limited use of
vocabulary (6,500 words for Bush versus an average of 11,000 words for
other presidents), his lack of scholarly achievements other than a
basic MBA, and an absence of any body of work which could be studied
on an intellectual basis.

The complete report documents the methods and procedures used to
arrive at these ratings, including depth of sentence structure and
voice stress confidence analysis. "All the Presidents prior to George
W. Bush had a least one book under their belt, and most had written
several white papers during their education or early careers..

Not so with President Bush," Dr. Lovenstein said. "He has no published
works or writings, so in many ways that made it more difficult to
arrive at an assessment. We had to rely more heavily on transcripts of
his unscripted public speaking."

The Lovenstein Institute of Scranton Pennsylvania think tank includes
high caliber historians, psychiatrists, sociologists, scientists in
human behavior, and psychologists. Among their ranks are Dr. Werner R.
Lovenstein, world-renowned sociologist, and Professor Patricia F.
Dilliams, a world-respected psychiatrist. This study was commissioned
on February 13, 2001, and released on July 9, 2001, to subscribing
member universities and organizations within the education community.
Tamaroak

As if we needed a study to tell us all this?

Capt. Jeff
NOYB

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"NOYB" wrote in message
[...]

I knew that you'd be stupid enough to post that, so I intentionally snipped
the following part of the NY Times article just to make you look stupid.
Congratulations for coming through as expected.

"Many Americans still believe a report that began circulating on the
Internet three years ago, and was quoted in "Doonesbury," that Mr. Bush's
I.Q. was 91, the lowest of any modern American president. But that report
from the non-existent Lovenstein Institute turned out to be a hoax."

P.Fritz

ink.net...

"NOYB" wrote in message
[...]

Once again asslicker proves why he is "King of the NG idiots"

LMAO

JimH

ink.net...

"NOYB" wrote in message
[...]

That's our Bassy. ;-)

basskisser

"JimH" wrote in message ...
"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"basskisser" atl_man2@a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=1&k=yahoo%20com" onmouseover="window.status='yahoo.com'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;"yahoo.com/a wrote in message
om...

onmouseover="window.status='a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=1&k=air%20force" onmouseover="window.status='Air Force'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;"Air Force/a'; return true;"
[...]

Uh, you can believe what you want, Jimmy, but it's a hoax only in the
minds of you right wing goose steppers. The folks in Germany during
Hitler's reign, for the most part, were the same, they'd never believe
their leader to be anything short of miraculous.
basskisser

"NOYB" wrote in message
[...]

Once again, Fritz proves he is very bitter over his wife running off.
Apparently, the divorce support isn't working too well. To pump up his
very flat ego, he has to resort to a tactic that small children use,
that is, start name calling. He's very good at it in a newsgroup,
hiding behind anonymity, again, like a child.

Now, go he http://www.lovenstein.org
basskisser

"NOYB" wrote in message
[...]

And I knew you'd be stupid enough, or at least goose-stepper to the
party enough, that you'd not understand what you've read. Go he

http://www.lovenstein.org