Gould 0738

Default Smily faces

How about the voice and songs of Joni Mitchell? She is my favorite!

Jim Carter
"The Boat"
Bayfield

What? You prefer another female vocalist (who, by the way, produced some very
nice work)? Oh no! This being rec.boats and all, we'll need to exchange 50-60
posts of flame on topic. :-)
Wayne.B

Actually, I have no problem with top posting. :-)

If you want to scroll down and erad the rest you can, but you don't
need too just to find the reply. If you've been following the thread,
you already know the rest.

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 17:15:42 GMT, WaIIy
wrote:

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 08:58:47 -0500, "John Gaquin"
wrote:

Does anyone else find these things annoying?
Jim

Not nearly as annoying as those who reply with full quote of the previous
six related posts in order to append a two-line comment.

Then top-post to boot.

Døn ßailey

You beat me too it.

Joni ruled in the 70's

Court & Spark is a masterpiece. She is one
of the most talented songwriter/musician types
of our time.

Not like the crap they call music these days.

db

"Jim Carter" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
(snip)
Still say that Joan had the best voice of any female vocalist in the

60's.
Spectacular range and control. (snip)

How about the voice and songs of Joni Mitchell? She is my favorite!

Jim Carter
"The Boat"
Bayfield

RG

"WaIIy" wrote in message

No, top posting is for lazy people who can't fathom the way a thread
works.

Agreed. The flawed logic of top posters is that they all seem to think that
their reply is the definitive end to the thread, and that no other posts
will be following. A thread is a stream of consciousness, or in the case of
wrecked.boats, perhaps more of a puddle of consciousness. But at any rate
the only way to achieve continuity and proper chronology of prior posts
included in a current post is to bottom post. When there's a mix of top and
bottom previous posts included in a current post, it is nearly impossible to
determine the posting chronology. There's a reason that printed information
is printed from the top down. Nobody would want to read a newspaper
article/magazine article/book, etc. if the paragraphs of the story were
scattered about the page all higledy pigledy, now would they?

Harry Krause

John Gaquin wrote:

Does anyone else find these things annoying?
Jim

Not nearly as annoying as those who reply with full quote of the previous
six related posts in order to append a two-line comment.

Oh, Goody.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Eric H

Gee, haven't seen top/bottom posting discussed for weeks. I prefer reading
top posts and that is the way I post my comments. If doing things the
easiest way is some one's definition of lazy, so be it.