Jim

Default Smily faces

Does anyone else find these things annoying?
Jim

Mark Browne

;-)

"Jim" wrote in message
ink.net...
Does anyone else find these things annoying?
Jim

JohnH

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 03:50:39 GMT, "Mark Browne"
wrote:

;-)

"Jim" wrote in message
link.net...
Does anyone else find these things annoying?
Jim

Only when they are used inappropriately.

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
JimL

Are you having a bad day? :^( Sorry, couldn't resist.

It's the OT political posts that are annoying to me. Like these
morons have nothing better to do, and as if none of us boaters have
radio, television or newspapers.

-JimL

Jim wrote:
Does anyone else find these things annoying?
Jim

Eric H

Don't waste your time bitching about all the OT stuff. Just take what you
need and leave the rest (Joan Baez (sp) circa. '66).

Rec.boats is good for some laughs and you can get real information in
response to a serious boating question.

Its just a bunch of bored guys tapping on keyboards.

Jim wrote:
Does anyone else find these things annoying?
Jim

basskisser

Jim wrote in message link.net...
Does anyone else find these things annoying?
Jim

No
RG

"Jim" wrote in message
ink.net...
Does anyone else find these things annoying?

Smiling faces sometimes
Pretend to be your friend
Smiling faces show no traces
Of the evil that lurks within
Smiling faces sometimes
They don't tell the truth
Smiling faces, smiling faces tell lies
And I got proof

The truth is in the eyes
Cause the eyes don't lie
Remember a smile is just
A frown turned upside down
My friend let me tell you
Smiling faces sometimes
They don't tell the truth
Smiling faces, smiling faces tell lies
And I got proof

-Whitfield/Strong

John Gaquin

Does anyone else find these things annoying?
Jim

Not nearly as annoying as those who reply with full quote of the previous
six related posts in order to append a two-line comment.

Gould 0738

Don't waste your time bitching about all the OT stuff. Just take what you
need and leave the rest (Joan Baez (sp) circa. '66).

You spelled Baez correctly, but your attribution is tenuous.

That line is from "The Night They Drove Ol' Dixie Down," by Robbie Robertson
(The Band).

"I don't mind them choppin' wood
And I don't care if the money's no good
Take what you need and leave the rest
But they should never have taken the very best...

It was the night they drove ol' Dixie down, etc"

Joan covered the song about 1969 or 70, and did a credible job.

Still say that Joan had the best voice of any female vocalist in the 60's.
Spectacular range and control. She didn't generate the raw, sexual energy on
stage like, say, Janis Joplin ((what a loss her
early self destruction was)) but she had a great talent by any classical
definition.

I don't listen to much music except rock and blues, but I do treasure one of
JB's
later CD's, "Diamonds and Rust in the Bull Ring." I can recommend it without
reservation. Baez sings in Spanish on several numbers, a genuine treat for the
ears!

Jim Carter

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
(snip)
Still say that Joan had the best voice of any female vocalist in the 60's.
Spectacular range and control. (snip)

How about the voice and songs of Joni Mitchell? She is my favorite!

Jim Carter
"The Boat"
Bayfield