Gould 0738

Default This really pains me about My Man Bush

the President specifically received an "analytic report" on
August 6th, 2001

Both can be true.

It can be true that President Bush received a report on August 6, and it can be
true that Bush had no clue.
John Gaquin

"MadDogDave" wrote in message

This really upesets me.

White House Admits Pre-9/11 Warnings;

let's summarize -- in the spring and summer of '01, intelligence briefings
suggested that terrorists might hijack airplanes. Wow! News Flash! Stop
the Presses!

Døn ßailey

"MadDogDave" wrote in message
news:c3dhc2g=.37cfd94fe485bf29b2d883fa5da4e868@107 1671792.cotse.net...

This really upesets me.

White House Admits Pre-9/11 Warnings; Bush Still Denies It

You do realize they get warnings on a daily basis about all sorts of
stuff.

The day before Flight 800 went down, a major warning was issued
for the following day.

A link was never established. Flight 800 was an terrible unfortunate
accident.

db

NOYB

In 1995, after the capture of Ramzi Yousef for the 1993 bombing of the WTC,
we discovered documents in the Philippines that described a plan to
simultaneously blow up 11 commercial airliners. The plan was known as
"Operation Bojinka".

In 2001, we knew bin Laden's al Qaeda organization was planning attacks on
America's interests...at that some of those attacks could involve commercial
airlines.

What our intelligence agencies *DID NOT* know was the "when, where, or how"
of the 9/11 attack. It's "absurd" to "insinuate" that these two pieces of
intelligence came together in a report to the White House to forewarn of the
specifics of the 9/11 attack.

"MadDogDave" wrote in message
news:c3dhc2g=.37cfd94fe485bf29b2d883fa5da4e868@107 1671792.cotse.net...

This really upesets me.

White House Admits Pre-9/11 Warnings; Bush Still Denies It

At his press conference yesterday, President Bush was asked about
charges that he had received warnings prior to the September 11th
attacks that a terrorist incident was imminent. He answered that even
asking such a question was "an absurd insinuation."1 It was the same
sentiment expressed by Bush's National Security Adviser Condoleezza
Rice, who said in May of 2002 that "[no one predicted] that they would
try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane."2

The problem for the president and the administration is that the White
House has previously admitted that the president had personally received
such specific warnings. As ABC News reported in May of 2002, "White
House officials acknowledge that U.S. intelligence officials informed
President Bush weeks before the September 11th attacks that Osama bin
Laden's terrorist network might try to hijack American planes."3 As
Condoleezza Rice said at a hastily called press conference to spin these
revelations, the President specifically received an "analytic report" on
August 6th, 2001 at his Crawford mansion that "talked about Osama bin
Laden's methods of operation" and "mentioned hijacking."4 According to
Reuters, that report was congruent with "intelligence since 1998 that
said followers of bin Laden were planning to strike U.S. targets, hijack
U.S. planes."5.

While the administration claims that the president's pre-9/11 warning
was actually "not a warning," the threat was specific enough for
Attorney General John Ashcroft to stop flying commercial airlines. While
no warning was issued for the general public after Bush's personal
intelligence warning, Ashcroft was flying exclusively by leased jet
instead of commercial airlines because of an official "threat assessment
by the FBI."6

Sources:
President Bush Holds Press Conference, 12/15/2003.
"Report Warned Of Suicide Hijackings", CBS News, 05/17/2002.
"Bush Was Warned of Hijackings Before 9/11; Lawmakers Want Public
Inquiry", ABC News, 05/16/2002.
National Security Advisor Holds Press Briefing, 05/16/2002.
Reuters, 7/24/03.
"Ashcroft Flying High", CBS News, 07/26/2001.

NOYB

"Døn ßailey" wrote in message

"MadDogDave" wrote in message
news:c3dhc2g=.37cfd94fe485bf29b2d883fa5da4e868@107 1671792.cotse.net...

This really upesets me.

White House Admits Pre-9/11 Warnings; Bush Still Denies It

You do realize they get warnings on a daily basis about all sorts of
stuff.

The day before Flight 800 went down, a major warning was issued
for the following day.

A link was never established. Flight 800 was an terrible unfortunate
accident.

So says the Clinton White House...

However, why did Stephanopoulos call it a bombing awhile ago?

"There are facilities in the White House, not the normal situation room,
which everyone has seen in the past, has seen pictures of. There is a second
situation room, behind the primary situation room, which has video
conferencing capabilities. The director of the Pentagon, the defense chief,
can speak from a national military command center at the Pentagon. The
Secretary of State can speak from the State Department, the President from
wherever he is, and they'll have this capability for video conferencing
throughout this crisis. In my time at the White House it was used in the
aftermath of the Oklahoma City bombing, in the aftermath of the TWA Flight
800 bombing, and that would be the way they would stay in contact through
the afternoon."

NOYB

"Døn ßailey" wrote in message

"MadDogDave" wrote in message
news:c3dhc2g=.37cfd94fe485bf29b2d883fa5da4e868@107 1671792.cotse.net...

This really upesets me.

White House Admits Pre-9/11 Warnings; Bush Still Denies It

You do realize they get warnings on a daily basis about all sorts of
stuff.

The day before Flight 800 went down, a major warning was issued
for the following day.

A link was never established. Flight 800 was an terrible unfortunate
accident.

James Kallstrom, who headed the FBI investigation on TWA 800 had this to
say:

The September 11th attack was "the first act of terrorism in the U.S. since
TWA 800."

We've been at war with terrorists *on our own soil* since the 1993 WTC
bombing. Unfortunately, the Clinton White House chose to prosecute
terrorists as criminals...instead of holding to account the countries that
sponsored, trained, financed, and equipped them.

Døn ßailey

So we have a 2nd 'situation' room just in case the first situation room
comes up short.

kool.

If TWA 800 was a terrorist attack. They have done a hell-uv-a job covering
it up. I don't think they're that bright. You think the NTSB, FBI, *and*
the
White House all know something we don't about TWA 800 and
are keeping a secret?

I can't give 'em that much credit.

db

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Døn ßailey" wrote in message

[...]

Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:

[...]

Poor NOYB...his boy does nothing but wrong, and he has to pedal harder
and harder and harder...

Who do you think you are convincing, NOYB? Yourself?

--
Email sent to is never read.