Gould 0738

Default OT - OT-Cops for Kerry? - Not

"While Kerry was flying around the country campaigning and leaving the
actual work of the nation to his colleagues in the Senate, the
President was out there working on our behalf,"

This is the funniest new wrinkle in campaigning I've seen in a long time. The
charge is very popular in both national and local raes this year. "My opponent
actually has the audacity to *campaign for office*! He or she should get of the
campaign trail, leave it solely at my disposal, and stick to casting votes in
the legislature."

Awfully good thing that President Bush hasn't been flying around the country
campaigning as well. Who would have been there to work for the Fraternal Order
of Republican Cops?

Eisboch

Gould 0738 wrote:
"While Kerry was flying around the country campaigning and leaving the
actual work of the nation to his colleagues in the Senate, the
President was out there working on our behalf,"

This is the funniest new wrinkle in campaigning I've seen in a long time. The
charge is very popular in both national and local raes this year. "My opponent
actually has the audacity to *campaign for office*! He or she should get of the
campaign trail, leave it solely at my disposal, and stick to casting votes in
the legislature."

Awfully good thing that President Bush hasn't been flying around the country
campaigning as well. Who would have been there to work for the Fraternal Order
of Republican Cops?

Fortunately, all this election politicking is soon to end.

Looks like it is all over for John Kerry. His remarks regarding
Cheney's daughter (however intended) and the new questions about how he
secured an "Honorable Discharge" from the Navy will do him in.

It is really too bad a more decent and qualified candidate had not been
nominated by the Democrats. Bush was certainly vulnerable, but the
Democratic party blew their chance.

Eisboch
Gould 0738

Looks like it is all over for John Kerry. His remarks regarding
Cheney's daughter (however intended)

Not so. The vast majority of folks who believe that having a lesbian daughter
is a "disgrace", something to be hidden or an indication of a personal
shortcoming were certainly not going to vote for Kerry in the first place.

Kerry's response to the question whether
homosexuality was a choice included the remarks, "I'm sure, for example, the VP
Cheney and his wife support their daughter and lover her for who she is." The
*only* way to turn that into a negative is to perceive that "accusing" somebody
of having a gay or lesbian child is an insult----
and folks who feel that way are going to vote conservative most of the time.

Cheney himself discussed his daughter's sexuality in the VP debate. Does he now
feel "outed" by Kerry in the final Presidential debate, or is it that the polls
are running neck and neck?

and the new questions about how he
secured an "Honorable Discharge" from the Navy will do him in.

That's a streeeeeeeetch. GWB has demonstrated that a politician can easily
survive all sorts of disclosures and speculations about service and discharge.

Weren't the Swift Boaters supposed to "do him in"? Wasn't the original RW lie
after Kerry wrapped up the nomination in the primaries ("Kerry got his
secretary pregnant and he has sent her to Africa until the campaign is over")
supposed to do the same?

Why does the Kerry candidacy continue to threaten the Bush regime? It's because
as flawed as Kerry is, just about half the people in this country are fed up to
the eyebrows with the status quo in Washington DC. Many of them are like me-
they only support Kerry because he represents our best hope for change now,
rather than in 2008.

It is really too bad a more decent and qualified candidate had not been
nominated by the Democrats. Bush was certainly vulnerable, but the
Democratic party blew their chance.

Maybe yes, maybe no. All the people who say, "I would have voted for one of the
Democrats if they had run a candidate that was more like most of the
Republicans," are really expressing a preference for the Republican style. If
the race were between
Bush and "Bush-Lite", those same people would likely vote for the real right
wing McCoy, not the "wannabe".
Eisboch

Gould 0738 wrote:

Not so. The vast majority of folks who believe that having a lesbian daughter
is a "disgrace", something to be hidden or an indication of a personal
shortcoming were certainly not going to vote for Kerry in the first place.

Kerry's problem has nothing to do with old fashioned beliefs of
"disgrace", etc. It has everything to do with the fact that most
thinking people can see through the BS and recognize why he said it.
Kerry is unfortunately such an elitist that he thinks nobody is as smart
as he is. His condescending attitude is why he is going to lose.

Cheney himself discussed his daughter's sexuality in the VP debate. Does he now
feel "outed" by Kerry in the final Presidential debate, or is it that the polls
are running neck and neck?

He discussed it because John Edwards specifically brought up the subject
of his daughter. In contemporary America, this subject is still
regarded as a private matter. If Cheney and/or his daughter want to
discuss it, that is their right. Edwards and Kerry discussed it only to
try to gain a political advantage, period, no matter how "nicely" they
did it and the majority of the voters recognize it, IMHO.

and the new questions about how he
secured an "Honorable Discharge" from the Navy will do him in.

That's a streeeeeeeetch. GWB has demonstrated that a politician can easily
survive all sorts of disclosures and speculations about service and discharge.

This controversy is relatively new, Chuck. It may have some legs to it.
Having been in the service for 9 years in the same time period of
Kerry, I am familiar with the mechanisms of military discharges. His
was not routine.

Eisboch
Eisboch

jps wrote:

And folks like you are more comfortable with a down home fool than
someone who knows better.

Where did I say I was more comfortable with a down home fool? All I
said was that it was all over for Kerry.

Eisboch
Gould 0738

I predict Bush is going to lose. There is a voter registration uprising
in this country and they're not registering Republican.

jps

There are many stories about evangelical Christian churches conducting voter
registration drives among the membership.
The churches can't instruct the members about the actual choice of candidate,
(without risking loss of tax exempt status) but there's enough nodding,
winking, other little messages sent to get the job done.
Most of these people are very conservative, and would be Bush supporters. To
the dismay of many of the right wing churches, a high percentage of the members
are *already* registered to vote, so the actual
number of new right wing voters is going to be fairly small.

Very interesting theory going around is that this election will be "decided" by
the
20-somethings. Vast numbers of these young people use cell phones, exclusively,
and pollsters are prohibited from calling cell phone prefixes because the
recipient of the call has to pay for the "minutes" used. Since all the old
farts in the country
seem to be split about 50-50, let's see who the kids put into office.

Tamaroak

And how about the "Honorable Dischrage" supposedly obtained by our
chickenhawk leader Bush? Especially after he was AWOL for almost a year,
although most of us who really wore a uniform during those years would
call him a lowly DESERTER, not just AWOL.

Capt. Jeff
JimH

"Tamaroak" wrote in message
And how about the "Honorable Dischrage" supposedly obtained by our
chickenhawk leader Bush? Especially after he was AWOL for almost a year,
although most of us who really wore a uniform during those years would
call him a lowly DESERTER, not just AWOL.

Capt. Jeff

Who the hell cares about the military duties of Kerry or Bush some 35 years
ago? Why is that important to you and Kerry?