Gould 0738

Looks like it is all over for John Kerry. His remarks regarding
Cheney's daughter (however intended)

Not so. The vast majority of folks who believe that having a lesbian daughter
is a "disgrace", something to be hidden or an indication of a personal
shortcoming were certainly not going to vote for Kerry in the first place.

Kerry's response to the question whether
homosexuality was a choice included the remarks, "I'm sure, for example, the VP
Cheney and his wife support their daughter and lover her for who she is." The
*only* way to turn that into a negative is to perceive that "accusing" somebody
of having a gay or lesbian child is an insult----
and folks who feel that way are going to vote conservative most of the time.

Cheney himself discussed his daughter's sexuality in the VP debate. Does he now
feel "outed" by Kerry in the final Presidential debate, or is it that the polls
are running neck and neck?

and the new questions about how he
secured an "Honorable Discharge" from the Navy will do him in.

That's a streeeeeeeetch. GWB has demonstrated that a politician can easily
survive all sorts of disclosures and speculations about service and discharge.

Weren't the Swift Boaters supposed to "do him in"? Wasn't the original RW lie
after Kerry wrapped up the nomination in the primaries ("Kerry got his
secretary pregnant and he has sent her to Africa until the campaign is over")
supposed to do the same?

Why does the Kerry candidacy continue to threaten the Bush regime? It's because
as flawed as Kerry is, just about half the people in this country are fed up to
the eyebrows with the status quo in Washington DC. Many of them are like me-
they only support Kerry because he represents our best hope for change now,
rather than in 2008.

It is really too bad a more decent and qualified candidate had not been
nominated by the Democrats. Bush was certainly vulnerable, but the
Democratic party blew their chance.

Maybe yes, maybe no. All the people who say, "I would have voted for one of the
Democrats if they had run a candidate that was more like most of the
Republicans," are really expressing a preference for the Republican style. If
the race were between
Bush and "Bush-Lite", those same people would likely vote for the real right
wing McCoy, not the "wannabe".