Bilgeman

Default Guns on boats-Mexico too

jaxashby's war story:

-they weren't actually pirates and they didn't actually make it, but they
were in fact carrying AK-47's backed up by mortar, rockets, and at one point
with heavy artillery, and there were thousands of them. The closest a bullet
ever came to my head was about six inches (bullets at 6 inches make a different
sound from bullets at 12 inches which is different from two feet from 5 feet
from 10 feet, etc). Did get some shrapnel (a piece of which I still carry) but
that was from a mortar, which I except no pirate would be carrying, so it
doesn't count.-

Bilge-I'll wager that you were holding something a little more lethal than a
charged 2.5 inch firehose, though.

Unfortunately for us professional mariners, the various "gun control" laws do
NOTHING more than leave us with a hose, you slobbering half-wit.

GFY

Mutiny is a Management Tool
Select Your Tattoo while Sober
Jon Smithe

This is a classic:

"basskisser" wrote in message Hey, Jax, have you ever
got the feeling that NOBODY likes you here?
Want to know why? First, it's because you're dumber than a rock,
second, it's because you are PROUD of being so stupid!

P.Fritz

"Jon Smithe" wrote in message
This is a classic:

"basskisser" wrote in message Hey, Jax, have you

ever
got the feeling that NOBODY likes you here?
Want to know why? First, it's because you're dumber than a rock,
second, it's because you are PROUD of being so stupid!

LMAO.......talk about projection.

JAXAshby

no bilge rat, you are the slobbering half-wit for going where it is unsafe.
trust me, half-wit, NO place on the planet is entirely unsafe. trust me also,
half-wit, when I tell you that should you be a stupid enough ****ing idiot to
place yourself repeatedly in extremely dangerous positions where you need a
weapon, you are going to crack up.
even in war, tense moments are far fewer than the movies and news magazines
would have you civilians believe. Let me tell about the time I read 14 pages
of a 15 page article in Time about a ferocious battle waged for several days.
I was indeed glad to have missed that battle, for my fellow Marines were taking
a pasting, but pulled through. On page 14 I learned the battle had taken place
exactly at the location I had been at for three months and somehow none of us
noticed. (keep in mind I was in field artillery, and artillery ALWAYS knows
when there is action anywhere with range of our cannon. We cause the action
amongst the other guys.)

(Bilgeman)

JAXAshby

the following from a poster who chose as his screen identifier persona "(b)ass
kisser":

(basskisser)
Date: 10/15/2004 12:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time
(JAXAshby) wrote in message
hoary, I have no need to daydream about getting shot at. BTDT got a Purple
Heart, the only value of which is that I get free med care.

Hey, Jax, have you ever got the feeling that NOBODY likes you here?
Want to know why? First, it's because you're dumber than a rock,
second, it's because you are PROUD of being so stupid!

otnmbrd

JAXAshby wrote:
no bilge rat, you are the slobbering half-wit for going where it is unsafe.
trust me, half-wit, NO place on the planet is entirely unsafe. trust me also,
half-wit, when I tell you that should you be a stupid enough ****ing idiot to
place yourself repeatedly in extremely dangerous positions where you need a
weapon, you are going to crack up.

ROFL Well, Doodles, at least you're consistent.... another stupid,
uninformed response.
The guy's not a yachtsman, he's a merchant sailor. He goes where the
ship goes and the ship goes where the cargo is, which means he can
easily end up in areas of the world that aren't "Smallville,USA"......
EG Hell, if he's really unlucky, he could end up in Brooklyn or Hoboken.

otn

Loud boats Doug Kanter General 139 September 10th 04 07:28 PM
'Lectric boats Gould 0738 General 1 July 28th 04 01:55 PM
"The SEARCH" redux (long, as usual) Skip Gundlach Cruising 2 September 22nd 03 03:30 PM
British versus American designs. Paul Stivers Touring 11 September 18th 03 12:13 PM