Morgan Ohlson

Default Loved dinghies

Loved dinghies

Which dinghies do you remember the most? Was it bad, good?

Which is your favorite dinghy, and why?

Which is the trait or feature you like most in a dinghy?

Morgan O.
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 07:12:41 GMT, Morgan Ohlson
wrote:

Loved dinghies

Which dinghies do you remember the most? Was it bad, good?

Which is your favorite dinghy, and why?

Which is the trait or feature you like most in a dinghy?

http://butlerprojects.com/norwaypram.html

Enough said.

Later,

Tom
-----------
"Angling may be said to be so
like the mathematics that it
can never be fully learnt..."

Izaak Walton "The Compleat Angler", 1653
Marshall Banana

Also Sprach Morgan Ohlson :
Loved dinghies

Which dinghies do you remember the most? Was it bad, good?

Which is your favorite dinghy, and why?

My favorite has to be a 9' no-name fiberglass pram I owned as a kid... it
was a nice rower, but I remember it most because a friend and I converted
it to a sailing dingy. We made a mast from an old aluminum fishing
outrigger, stays and rigging from parachute cord, and made our own sail
from a blue poly tarp (breaking mom's sewing machine in the
process) I'll never forget, we used shower curtain rings to attach the
sail to the mast. We added leeboards for stability. Unfortunately,
we used acrylic plastic we found in his dad's workshop for the leeboards,
an one day sailing in Long Island's Great South Bay, we were on a pretty
decent tack when both leeboards snapped from the side load. It didn't
sail too well without them, and we had to row 4 miles home.

Which is the trait or feature you like most in a dinghy?

Most important, it has to row well. I hate having a motor on a dinghy,
manual propulsion seems far more nautical. So obviously, I can't stand
inflatables.

Dan

--
Don't try to out-weird me. I get stranger things than you
with my breakfast cereal. -- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Chris

We keep hearing back from customers who love this dinghy... and it's
one of the most affordable boats out there! See why they love it at
www.plasticboats.com

Chris
cslplastics.com

Morgan Ohlson wrote in message . ..
Loved dinghies

Which dinghies do you remember the most? Was it bad, good?

Which is your favorite dinghy, and why?

Which is the trait or feature you like most in a dinghy?

Morgan O.

rmcinnis

"Morgan Ohlson" wrote in message Which is your
favorite dinghy, and why?

Which is the trait or feature you like most in a dinghy?

The 12' Achilles RIB that I have now. A dry ride, planes easily, even rows
reasonably well.

Rod