BernieSwanson

Default Ever heard of Frontiersman kayaks on BC Canada?

I purchased a 17' by 29" wide tandem kayak today for a song. It was
made of fiberglass and after scrubbing up, looks pretty nice. I
researched the Hull ID number with the USGC database and determined
that the manufactuter was no longer in business but was called
Frontiersman Fiberglass Products in Mission BC. I believe they went
out of business some years ago. I have yet to paddle the boat. The
previous owner said that a larger person in front made it a bit nose
heavy, and at 17 feet long, that is not hard to believe. The boat has
2 seperate combings about 2 inches above the deck for spray skirts
that have integral seats. There is no rudder or even foot braces. I
only intend to use this on protected inland waters but would like to
chat with other owners of this boat. A google search came up with
only 1 or 2 hits and nothing to speak of.
Carey Robson

My wife and I bought our first canoe, a Frontiersman, in 1976. In 1977 or 78
Western Canoeing bought all their mold and retired them. At that time
Western made the Clipper Tripper and Ranger.

Over the years many people have ripped Off molds of the Frontiersman and
over the years Western has attempted to retire them.

Sincerely,
Carey Robson -- www.CanoeBC.ca

m...