BernieSwanson

Default Ever heard of Frontiersman kayaks on BC Canada?

I purchased a 17' by 29" wide tandem kayak today for a song. It was
made of fiberglass and after scrubbing up, looks pretty nice. I
researched the Hull ID number with the USGC database and determined
that the manufactuter was no longer in business but was called
Frontiersman Fiberglass Products in Mission BC. I believe they went
out of business some years ago. I have yet to paddle the boat. The
previous owner said that a larger person in front made it a bit nose
heavy, and at 17 feet long, that is not hard to believe. The boat has
2 seperate combings about 2 inches above the deck for spray skirts
that have integral seats. There is no rudder or even foot braces. I
only intend to use this on protected inland waters but would like to
chat with other owners of this boat. A google search came up with
only 1 or 2 hits and nothing to speak of.