RG

Default Where to post pix of boat for sale?

I am going to be selling my Caro/Skiff 14 ( I bought a C16). Where, on the
net, can I post pix so that I can refer interested parties to go take a
look. I tried www.Imagestation.com but they want everyone to sign in. I know
there must be a simple " go look without signing in" page somewhere???
Thanks RichG

RG

Yea, I knew it wasn't a binary group, otherwise I would have posted it.
There must be some URL for looking at your boat(s). without signup. Thanks.
RG

JohnH

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:07:53 GMT, "RG" wrote:

I am going to be selling my Caro/Skiff 14 ( I bought a C16). Where, on the
net, can I post pix so that I can refer interested parties to go take a
look. I tried www.Imagestation.com but they want everyone to sign in. I know
there must be a simple " go look without signing in" page somewhere???
Thanks RichG

Put it in alt.binaries.pictures. That's free. Just tell everyone where it is.

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
Wayne.B

wrote:
I am going to be selling my Caro/Skiff 14 ( I bought a C16). Where, on the
net, can I post pix so that I can refer interested parties to go take a
look. I tried www.Imagestation.com but they want everyone to sign in. I know
there must be a simple " go look without signing in" page somewhere???
Thanks RichG

=============================

try http://photos.yahoo.com

You will have to sign up for a yahoo ID to create the page but it is
free. If you don't want to give yahoo your regular EMAIL address,
create an EMAIL ID at hotmail.com first.

Another easy way is to use a free web site such as www.angelfire.com

Steve

You can probably post it in one of the boat related MSN groups. You may
have to register to put your post on but everybody will be able to look at
it.

try ours:

http://groups.msn.com/CanadianBoaters/

"RG" wrote in message
I am going to be selling my Caro/Skiff 14 ( I bought a C16). Where, on the
net, can I post pix so that I can refer interested parties to go take a
look. I tried www.Imagestation.com but they want everyone to sign in. I

know
there must be a simple " go look without signing in" page somewhere???
Thanks RichG

Gould 0738

If you have anything for sale that might appeal to Gen X or Gen Y, I'll pass
along
a hot tip.

www.craigslist.com

It's free.

I've been using this site to advertise vacancies, with spectacular results. My
26 year old daughter turned me on to this thing last time she was home from
NYC.
She was shocked I had not heard of it before.

A $100, one-day classified in the Seattle Times might get 2 or 3 responses. A
*free* ad on craigslist.com gets several times as many calls- and the price is
right. Young adults are not relying on newspaper classifieds the same way that
previous generations did.

We got rid of a futon (no small feat) in about 90 minutes one morning- just put
it on craigslist for "free".

I don't know if they have a specific category for boats, you might have to list
it under miscellaneous for sale. You will have to post a link to your photos.

user

Get a free website @ Yahoo
Link to a file you upload.
Like this http://www.geocities.com/phewel/find.gif
or
http://www.geocities.com/phewel/sail.jpg
It's super easy!

RG wrote:
I am going to be selling my Caro/Skiff 14 ( I bought a C16). Where, on the
net, can I post pix so that I can refer interested parties to go take a
look. I tried www.Imagestation.com but they want everyone to sign in. I know
there must be a simple " go look without signing in" page somewhere???
Thanks RichG

noah

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:07:53 GMT, "RG" wrote:

I am going to be selling my Caro/Skiff 14 ( I bought a C16). Where, on the
net, can I post pix so that I can refer interested parties to go take a
look. I tried www.Imagestation.com but they want everyone to sign in. I know
there must be a simple " go look without signing in" page somewhere???
Thanks RichG

Does your ISP offer free homepage services? Most do.
It might be worth checking out.
Regards,
noah

To email me, remove the "OT-" from OT-wrecked.boats.noah.
....as you were. )
RG

Well, Steve from Canada had the best response that I could find. I went to
MSN groups and tried to find a group that "fit". I couldn't, so I
started a new one!

It is for Carolina Skiff Owners ( I love the little boats)...I listed my
photos there and referred my adv's to that site. Works like a charm and I
hope many other Carolina Skiff owners will post their results and
improvements on the same site.

Many years ago I owned a Catalina Sailboat and their sites were most helpful
and informative with tons of things to do to improve the Catalina sailboats.

If you know of any Carolina Skiff owners, you might tell them the site is
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners/

If they would join the group, we might have some great discussions on
improving and enjoying the littlie boats. Thanks ......RichG

http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners/shoebox.msnw