RG

Default Where to post pix of boat for sale?

To Gould..While I very much appreciate the offer, I can't see someone from
Seattle area coming to Houston to pick up a $3,750.00 boat... Now, if it
were July, and I was still here, I might offer to deliver it!!!! thanks
RichG

http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners/shoebox.msnw

Calif Bill

www.momentoffame.com
Can even hyper link to the pic.
Bill

"RG" wrote in message
Yea, I knew it wasn't a binary group, otherwise I would have posted it.
There must be some URL for looking at your boat(s). without signup.

Thanks.
RG

Gould 0738

To Gould..While I very much appreciate the offer, I can't see someone from
Seattle area coming to Houston to pick up a $3,750.00 boat... Now, if it
were July, and I was still here, I might offer to deliver it!!!! thanks
RichG

I should have posted a better message.

Craigslist has a site in most major cities around the US, including Houston (I
just checked).

After calling up www.craigslist.com click on the major city nearest your home
town.

Drycleaner

go here.
rec.boats.marketplace

noah wrote:

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:07:53 GMT, "RG" wrote:

I am going to be selling my Caro/Skiff 14 ( I bought a C16). Where, on the
net, can I post pix so that I can refer interested parties to go take a
look. I tried www.Imagestation.com but they want everyone to sign in. I know
there must be a simple " go look without signing in" page somewhere???
Thanks RichG

Does your ISP offer free homepage services? Most do.
It might be worth checking out.
Regards,
noah

To email me, remove the "OT-" from OT-wrecked.boats.noah.
...as you were. )

noah

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 12:12:51 GMT, Drycleaner wrote:

go here.
rec.boats.marketplace

That was my first thought, also.
The problem is that r.b.m. isn't a binaries group (i.e "pictures").
Depending on his ISP or news service, they might give him a hard time.
Some do, some don't.
Regards,
noah

To email me, remove the "OT-" from OT-wrecked.boats.noah.
....as you were. )

JohnH

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:35:48 -0600, "Eric H" wrote:

For those of us technically challenged, what are "binaries" newsgroups and
how do they differ from rec.boats? Thanks.
"noah" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 12:12:51 GMT, Drycleaner wrote:

go here.
rec.boats.marketplace

That was my first thought, also.
The problem is that r.b.m. isn't a binaries group (i.e "pictures").
Depending on his ISP or news service, they might give him a hard time.
Some do, some don't.
Regards,
noah

To email me, remove the "OT-" from OT-wrecked.boats.noah.
...as you were. )

"binaries" groups are groups in which binary files are attached to a post. Very
often the attachments are pictures, movies, songs, albums, etc.
"alt.binaries.pictures" is one such group. Now, I just looked up some names that
might be appropriate for your boat picture. It could be that this is a porno
group. But, you could probably still post your picture there.

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD