Timothy J. Lee

Default Kayak rentals in Venice (Italy) or Nice (France)?

Are there kayak rentals in Venice (Italy) or Nice (France)?

Timothy J. Lee
Frank F. Matthews

You don't want to get that close to the water.

Timothy J. Lee wrote:
Are there kayak rentals in Venice (Italy) or Nice (France)?

Roderic

--

Hmmmm .... I can't see the Venetian Tourist Board relishing the sight of
yellow and orange pastic p1gs circling around the gondolas in the Canale

Still you could put 'noleggio canoe' and 'venezia' into Google and Roberto
might just be 'il vostro zio' ...

Nice is probably easier if you don't mind dodging power boats ...

Bob Fusillo

I have seen many kayakers on the Grand Canal, but most of them give the
impression of having brought their own kayaks. There is a large Kayak
club -- Dragon Chioggia -- in Chioggia with a website.
Try also http://www.federcanoa.it/anagrafica....po=r&lettera=4 -- a
national kayak organization that lists various clubs -- including several in
Venice.
rjf

"Timothy J. Lee" wrote in message
Are there kayak rentals in Venice (Italy) or Nice (France)?

Timothy J. Lee

Peter

Bob Fusillo wrote:

I have seen many kayakers on the Grand Canal, but most of them give the
impression of having brought their own kayaks. There is a large Kayak
club -- Dragon Chioggia -- in Chioggia with a website.

That was my impression as well when I took my Folbot kayak there while
on a business trip. Saw quite a few private kayaks ouside apartments
and came across the boat house for a kayak club but never saw any
boats that appeared to be rentals. I didn't find the Grand Canal to be
the best place to paddle with all the other boat traffic, but there are
lots of smaller canals to explore. Bring a good map so you can find
your way around and I also found it useful to have a cable lock so I
could leave my boat sometimes and walk around to sightsee and eat.