Peter

Bob Fusillo wrote:

I have seen many kayakers on the Grand Canal, but most of them give the
impression of having brought their own kayaks. There is a large Kayak
club -- Dragon Chioggia -- in Chioggia with a website.

That was my impression as well when I took my Folbot kayak there while
on a business trip. Saw quite a few private kayaks ouside apartments
and came across the boat house for a kayak club but never saw any
boats that appeared to be rentals. I didn't find the Grand Canal to be
the best place to paddle with all the other boat traffic, but there are
lots of smaller canals to explore. Bring a good map so you can find
your way around and I also found it useful to have a cable lock so I
could leave my boat sometimes and walk around to sightsee and eat.

Try also http://www.federcanoa.it/anagrafica....po=r&lettera=4 -- a
national kayak organization that lists various clubs -- including several in
Venice.
rjf

"Timothy J. Lee" wrote in message

Are there kayak rentals in Venice (Italy) or Nice (France)?