Harry Krause

Default God help us all.

What I learned about George W. Bush last night...

We have a stammering, stuttering, inarticulate, incoherent
fool in the White House. He's simple-minded, stubborn, and convinced
beyond any doubt that whatever position he holds on any issue, he is right.

A dangerous, dangerous man to have anywhere near "The Button."

"Mexed missages" and all.

We're doomed. Will God help us?

--
We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of

What, me worry?
thunder

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 09:18:07 -0400, Harry Krause wrote:

What I learned about George W. Bush last night...

Slow learner. ;-)
Harry Krause

thunder wrote:
On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 09:18:07 -0400, Harry Krause wrote:

What I learned about George W. Bush last night...

Slow learner. ;-)

I think I mentioned that some years ago, I stopped watching and
listening to Bush speak, because his slaughter of the language was so
painful to my ears. Instead, I read the transcripts.

Last night, I gave Bush my full attention as he spoke. I watched him
closely.

I was horrified. He was even less articulate than I remembered. And I
think for public figures, there is a very, very close connection between
the way one speaks and the way one thinks.

In other words, if you are running for office and you come across as an
inartiulate fool, that's what you are.

It isn't a matter of expectations for me, either. I do not expect these
Presidential candidates to be as articulate as "the model," Bill
Clinton. But I do expect them to speak well, and to be able to present
their thoughts in coherent fashion.

Bush was worse than awful.

--
We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of
them, who is arrogant about his ignorance, who is reckless and
incompetent, and whose backers are turning the United States into a pariah.

What, me worry?
thunder

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 09:26:14 -0400, Harry Krause wrote:

I was horrified. He was even less articulate than I remembered. And I
think for public figures, there is a very, very close connection between
the way one speaks and the way one thinks.

In other words, if you are running for office and you come across as an
inartiulate fool, that's what you are.

I know it's a cheap shot, but you might enjoy:

http://www.prisonplanet.tv/articles/...talillness.htm
Harry Krause

thunder wrote:
On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 09:26:14 -0400, Harry Krause wrote:

I was horrified. He was even less articulate than I remembered. And I
think for public figures, there is a very, very close connection between
the way one speaks and the way one thinks.

In other words, if you are running for office and you come across as an
inartiulate fool, that's what you are.

I know it's a cheap shot, but you might enjoy:

http://www.prisonplanet.tv/articles/...talillness.htm

I wonder if Bush was tranq'd up last night?

--
We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of
them, who is arrogant about his ignorance, who is reckless and
incompetent, and whose backers are turning the United States into a pariah.

What, me worry?

Doug Kanter

From my 185 month old son:

On the campaign trail, Bush & Cheney are sitting in a restaurant preparing
to order lunch. The SS guys are at adjacent tables making the other diners
nervous. The waitress comes by and asks "What would you like, Mr.
President?" Bush looks at the menu and responds, "I'd like a quickie,
please, and an iced tea." The waitress says "With all due respect, that's
totally inappropriate, sir". Cheney leans over, looks at what Bush is
pointing at, and says "Mr. President....that's QUICHE!"

John Gaquin

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

What I learned about George W. Bush last night...

Query: If it was just last night that these supposed features were brought
to your attention, upon what have your last three years of rabid insults
been based?

thunder

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 09:26:14 -0400, Harry Krause wrote:

I was horrified. He was even less articulate than I remembered. And I
think for public figures, there is a very, very close connection between
the way one speaks and the way one thinks.

In other words, if you are running for office and you come across as an
inartiulate fool, that's what you are.

Along those lines, I'm not sure this says more about the candidates, or
more about us.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/041001/nyf054_1.html
jps

In article ,
says...

Us! Witness some of the interviews with the 'man in the street' following the
debates.

"Uh, yeah man, Kerry won 'cause he's making us safer and all!"

Must've been one of your former students.