Joe Blizzard

Default In case you ever need to know this ...

The tool that installs the lower shift cable on Mercruiser Type 1 drive (p/n
91-12037) is also ideal for removing and installing the power antenna mast
on a '94 Taurus.

Harry Krause

Clams Canino wrote:
Frightening.

-W

"Joe Blizzard" wrote in message
The tool that installs the lower shift cable on Mercruiser Type 1 drive

(p/n
91-12037) is also ideal for removing and installing the power antenna mast
on a '94 Taurus.

You want scary? Once, I locked myself out of my car, so I called AAA for
help. Guy shows up, and he has a PRINTED MANUAL that describes in steps,
words, photos and drawings how to break into every car without causing
damage.

--
We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of

What, me worry?
Clams Canino

I got that beat. On moving (out) day the mini-van horked a distributor at
the pizza place and we had to use the '68 Vette for the closing / final
evac. Turns out the keys got PACKED (they still havn't appeared) and we had
to call AAA to get a key made for it in the driveway, just so that we could
get it - and us out of there on time. 3/29/04 to be exact.

-W

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Clams Canino wrote:
[...]

Short Wave Sportfishing

Clams Canino wrote:
Frightening.

-W

"Joe Blizzard" wrote in message
The tool that installs the lower shift cable on Mercruiser Type 1 drive
(p/n
91-12037) is also ideal for removing and installing the power antenna

mast
on a '94 Taurus.

You want scary? Once, I locked myself out of my car, so I called AAA for
help. Guy shows up, and he has a PRINTED MANUAL that describes in steps,
words, photos and drawings how to break into every car without causing
damage.

I don't know how true this is, but I have it on good authority that
there is a company that makes master keys for law enforcement
departments, car companies and locksmiths that has every single master
key ever made for domestic cars from 1950 forward.

I've been told that there are 416 keys total in the set.

Later,

Tom

Harry Krause

Clams Canino wrote:
[...]

And on every link a heart does dangle...

Whoops...wrong song.

--
We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of
them, who is arrogant about his ignorance, who is reckless and
incompetent, and whose backers are turning the United States into a pariah.

What, me worry?
Wayne.B

wrote:

Turns out the keys got PACKED (they still havn't appeared) and we had
to call AAA to get a key made for it in the driveway, just so that we could
get it - and us out of there on time. 3/29/04 to be exact.

I had a similar experience once. The locksmith shows up, opens the
car in 2 minutes using a set of masterkeys, dis-assembles the glove
compartment lock to get the serial number, pulls out a code book about
3 inches thick, looks up the numbers, and punches out a new key right
on the spot. It worked the first time, all in about 15 minutes or
less.

Marshall Banana

Also Sprach Short Wave Sportfishing :

I don't know how true this is, but I have it on good authority that
there is a company that makes master keys for law enforcement
departments, car companies and locksmiths that has every single master
key ever made for domestic cars from 1950 forward.

It's actually very easy to make your own master key. For any lockset that
uses a master key, you can reverse engineer it with nothing other than 6
blanks or so and a small file.

http://www.crypto.com/masterkey.html

Dan

--
I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix.

-- Dan Quayle