Short Wave Sportfishing

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:42:53 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:14:22 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

Apparently NASA fears that he is going to take a lot of their over
priced and unsafe shuttle business away from them and is using the FAA
to harrass him.

Anything's possible I suppose but frankly I doubt that NASA has much
influence over the FAA. The FAA is concerned, however, about things
that fall from the sky.

NASA has expressed their "concern" about anything that goes out of the
atmosphere - "space isn't for amateurs".

If Rutan pulls this off, I'll bet anything that it will be a short
lived venture.

Look at how they treated the other "space tourists". And they were
paying for the ride.

NASA has to protect is bizillion dollar budget and carbon fiber space
planes don't cost bizillions of dollars.

And that's the end of my conspiracy comment for today. :)

Later,

Tom
JAXAshby

I met him a few years ago - he is very low key.

I also met him sometime back -- early '70's -- and while I found him "low key",
I also found him to be an extreme egotist with social capabities so low I
wondered how he might order a hamburger and fries at McDonald's.

He is also very intense - there is a wild look in his eyes that is
midly disturbing.

yup. more than a tad disturbing.

basskisser

Harry Krause wrote in message ...
...make sure you watch the videos tonight of Burt Rutan's ship...

It was...frightening. But it ended ok. The videos are breathtaking.

Really.

It was awesome, AND history in the making. Rutan is an amazing human.