Harry Krause

Default If you get the chance...

....make sure you watch the videos tonight of Burt Rutan's ship...

It was...frightening. But it ended ok. The videos are breathtaking.

Really.

--
We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of

What, me worry?
Eisboch

Harry Krause wrote:
...make sure you watch the videos tonight of Burt Rutan's ship...

It was...frightening. But it ended ok. The videos are breathtaking.

Really.

Did you see the informal press conference where the pilot claimed that
the wild corkscrews were actually intended victory rolls?

Eisboch
LaBomba182

Subject: If you get the chance...
From: Harry Krause

...make sure you watch the videos tonight of Burt Rutan's ship...

Very impressive.

Interesting that when it's falling in "feathered" mode for reentry it's
velocity is great than a bullet fired from most rifles.

3400 + feet per second as I recall.

And during that time the pilot says he can fold his arms, take his feet off the
pedals and just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Capt. Bill

Wayne.B

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:26:02 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

...make sure you watch the videos tonight of Burt Rutan's ship...

It was...frightening. But it ended ok. The videos are breathtaking.

Really.

===============================

No need to wait, CNN has a very good quality video clip online:

http://www.cnn.com/

It definitely was a little scary when the rolling started. Obviously
there are some control issues that need to be worked out. The
potential for tradgedy seems awfully high given the low budget nature
of this effort, but its fascinating to watch, and very cool if they
succeed.

Harry Krause

Eisboch wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
...make sure you watch the videos tonight of Burt Rutan's ship...

It was...frightening. But it ended ok. The videos are breathtaking.

Really.

Did you see the informal press conference where the pilot claimed that
the wild corkscrews were actually intended victory rolls?

Eisboch

No...didn't see that...looked like death rolls to me...I was expecting
the worst.

The whole Rutan project is just astonishing. And Rutan himself seems so
low-key.

--
We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of
them, who is arrogant about his ignorance, who is reckless and
incompetent, and whose backers are turning the United States into a pariah.

What, me worry?

Short Wave Sportfishing

wrote:

...make sure you watch the videos tonight of Burt Rutan's ship...

It was...frightening. But it ended ok. The videos are breathtaking.

Really.

===============================

No need to wait, CNN has a very good quality video clip online:

I refuse to get "special" Real Player software to run this video.

I already have RealPlayer Plus.

What a load of crap.

Later,

Tom
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:35:33 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
...make sure you watch the videos tonight of Burt Rutan's ship...

It was...frightening. But it ended ok. The videos are breathtaking.

Really.

Did you see the informal press conference where the pilot claimed that
the wild corkscrews were actually intended victory rolls?

Eisboch

No...didn't see that...looked like death rolls to me...I was expecting
the worst.

The whole Rutan project is just astonishing. And Rutan himself seems so
low-key.

I met him a few years ago - he is very low key.

He is also very intense - there is a wild look in his eyes that is
midly disturbing.

Then again, most genius types I've met over the years have that sort
of intensity.

Later,

Tom
Wayne.B

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:08:57 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

I refuse to get "special" Real Player software to run this video.

I already have RealPlayer Plus.

What a load of crap.

============================

Mine plays fine with Windows Media 9. Check your settings, sounds
like they've been hijacked by RealPlayer Plus.

Wayne.B

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:14:22 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

Apparently NASA fears that he is going to take a lot of their over
priced and unsafe shuttle business away from them and is using the FAA
to harrass him.

Anything's possible I suppose but frankly I doubt that NASA has much
influence over the FAA. The FAA is concerned, however, about things
that fall from the sky.