Rolf Pruemmer

Default Rettungsboot, safe-boat

Who can tell me the supplier of a safe-boat, that is not lowered to the water surface by a rope of chain, but is freely falling into the water, diving, and then lifted to the surface by itself.

Thanks very much in advance!
R.Pruemmer

Chuck Tribolet

I think he means "lifeboat".

--
Chuck Tribolet

http://www.almaden.ibm.com/cs/people/triblet

Silicon Valley: STILL the best day job in the world.

"Rolf Pruemmer" wrote in message ...
Who can tell me the supplier of a safe-boat, that is not lowered to the water surface by a rope of chain, but is freely falling into
the water, diving, and then lifted to the surface by itself.

Thanks very much in advance!
R.Pruemmer

Calif Bill

He does. He means the orange colored ones on rails at the back of the cargo
ships. Never looked at the name of the maker. Just go down to the local
port and look at most any large commercial ship. I understand it is an
E-ticket ride when they launch. Must wear your seatbelt and harness.

"Chuck Tribolet" wrote in message
I think he means "lifeboat".

--
Chuck Tribolet

http://www.almaden.ibm.com/cs/people/triblet

Silicon Valley: STILL the best day job in the world.

"Rolf Pruemmer" wrote in message

Who can tell me the supplier of a safe-boat, that is not lowered to the

water surface by a rope of chain, but is freely falling into
the water, diving, and then lifted to the surface by itself.

Thanks very much in advance!
R.Pruemmer

UglyDan®©™

They also use them on oil rigs in the North Sea, Saw a documentry on
construction and launching (Norwegian I think) They mounted a video
camera inside, packed the crew in and let it rip, bone jarring to say
the least, beats getting fried to a crisp tho. UD

Harry Krause

UglyDan®©™ wrote:
They also use them on oil rigs in the North Sea, Saw a documentry on
construction and launching (Norwegian I think) They mounted a video
camera inside, packed the crew in and let it rip, bone jarring to say
the least, beats getting fried to a crisp tho. UD

Passenger survival capsules. Very interesting ride, I am told. I saw a
few in the Gulf of Mexico some years ago when I was researching a
magazine article on union organizing efforts there.

The Finns, the Norwegians and others in that part of the world have done
much of the development work of the capsules and totally closed rescue
craft. There's a line of these odd-looking craft produced in the PRC of
all places.

--
Email sent to is never read.

otnmbrd

You sit in the boat, facing forward (on the ship)with a full body
harness and head harness/strap.
Should be able to find any number of manufacturers

Calif Bill wrote:
He does. He means the orange colored ones on rails at the back of the cargo
ships. Never looked at the name of the maker. Just go down to the local
port and look at most any large commercial ship. I understand it is an
E-ticket ride when they launch. Must wear your seatbelt and harness.

"Chuck Tribolet" wrote in message

I think he means "lifeboat".

--
Chuck Tribolet

http://www.almaden.ibm.com/cs/people/triblet

Silicon Valley: STILL the best day job in the world.

"Rolf Pruemmer" wrote in message

Who can tell me the supplier of a safe-boat, that is not lowered to the

water surface by a rope of chain, but is freely falling into

the water, diving, and then lifted to the surface by itself.

Thanks very much in advance!
R.Pruemmer

Marcus AAkesson

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:39:01 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

He does. He means the orange colored ones on rails at the back of the cargo
ships. Never looked at the name of the maker. Just go down to the local
port and look at most any large commercial ship. I understand it is an
E-ticket ride when they launch. Must wear your seatbelt and harness.

One common brand is Norsafe, http://www.norsafe.no/

/Marcus

--
Marcus AAkesson