Gould 0738

According to the Navy's Inspector General, procedures were properly
followed in awarding Kerry's medals.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040918/D855P5QG0.html

You have to read between the lines and understand the ramificaitons of
reviewing decorations. If something is found to have been done in error it
will call into question all of the awards presented prior to and subsequent
to Kerry's award. That would be a very large mess that nobody wants.

Bert, if we read between the lines we see that *no* amount of evidence will
disway you guys on the radio right from your assertion that John Kerry lied,
cheated, and practically stole every one of his decorations. That's Rush
Limbaugh's story, and by Gawd you're stickin' to it.

Any evidence in the official records always seems to be wrong, written by
Kerry, or part of a service-wide, administrative coverup of tens of thousands
questionable awards, (and Kerry is probably responsible for as well).
John Hill

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 07:05:10 -0400, thunder
wrote:

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 08:04:07 +0100, John Hill wrote:

Well AIUI the officer who signed the commendation was unaware of many of
the facts and the proper process was not followed.

According to the Navy's Inspector General, procedures were properly
followed in awarding Kerry's medals.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040918/D855P5QG0.html

According to his (now retired)CO there were things misreported to him.

JH
John Hill

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:19:51 -0400, thunder
wrote:

You have to read between the lines and understand the ramificaitons of
reviewing decorations. If something is found to have been done in error it
will call into question all of the awards presented prior to and
subsequent to Kerry's award. That would be a very large mess that nobody
wants.

I'm not calling into question *any* awards, including Kerry's. In fact,
I'm not questioning either of the two candidates military service, Bush or
Kerry.

Which is *my* point. It is not very relevant

JH
thunder

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:36:44 +0100, John Hill wrote:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040918/D855P5QG0.html

According to his (now retired)CO there were things misreported to him.

George Elliot's statements have recently been all over the board, but he
*did* recommend Kerry for the Silver Star.

http://www.factcheck.org/miscreports.aspx?docid=232
NOYB

"thunder" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 21:15:30 +0000, NOYB wrote:

Why'd it take 30 years before Kerry was granted an honorable discharge?
Isn't that usually issued right away?

It didn't. Have you been listening to Rush lately?

http://www.johnkerry.com/about/john_...y_records.html

Honestly, I don't know where I heard or read it. So according to the
documents posted on his Website, Kerry was discharged to the naval Reserves
in 1973, and honorably discharged from the Reserves in 1978? So he was
protesting the war while still an Officer in the military? I don't really
care...but some might.

thunder

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:37:23 +0100, John Hill wrote:

I'm not calling into question *any* awards, including Kerry's. In fact,
I'm not questioning either of the two candidates military service, Bush
or Kerry.

Which is *my* point. It is not very relevant

Then don't be calling Kerry's service "dubious". That is very relevant.