Skip Gundlach

Default Boat-Hearses

"Jere Lull" wrote in message

When I'm no longer interested in this body, any usable parts can be used
by the needy, Science can have it to figure out how I survived that
long, then burn the rest and put it in some water. The Virgin Islands
are my first choice, Chesapeake second, but the creek that starts in my
back yard is sufficient. I've enjoyed the body for more than a half
century, but when I'm done with it, I'm done.

Amen :{))

I'm expecting I'd go first, as I'm older, but in either event, we're
planning to video the approaching demise, having the prospective deceased
detail current reality and expected outcome, along with detailing the desire
of the end result ...

.... which will be that the remains are rolled under the lifeline while under
way, because it will stink too badly before you get back to shore, also
video'd, so that the survivor doesn't get hauled up on murder charges :{))

Of course, with our luck, we'd be ashore while stricken, and couldn't do
that - but then we *could* do the donor part. I'm of like mind, wanting all
the used parts which still work to be harvested, then the remainder to get
cut on by students, and, ideally, the rest made into dog and cat food, but I
know that won't happen due to current sensibilities :{)) So, a nice bonfire
still has some appeal!

L8R

Skip and Lydia, getting closer (post to follow soon)

didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away
from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
Discover." - Mark Twain

Rosalie B.

x-no-archive:yes "Skip Gundlach"
wrote:

"Jere Lull" wrote in message

[...]

I don't think you can both donate body parts AND be used by students
as a cadaver. Typically (at least this was the way they did it when
my dad was a prof of anatomy at Un of MD Med School) they assign 2 to
4 students to one body (one student or one team per side), and they
want all the legs, arms, eyes, lungs, livers etc. there for the
students to see in situ so to speak. They don't want someone who's
too fat or too tall to fit on the table either.

Ideally you make out and sign a document so that the arrangements are
made in advance. Especially, you don't want to be embalmed by a
funeral home because that will make you unusable by a medical school
(the funeral homes do it differently). You also can't have been
autopsied because they cut you up and destroy all the vessel
connections.

grandma Rosalie