Chris Rennert

Default 1993 Pro V 150hp / Prop question

Hello,

I have a 1993 Yamaha Pro V 150 on my 1989 Ranger 354V bass boat. My buddy
has a 4 blade Small Tube trophy Stainless Steel Prop. I was wondering if
that would even fit my motor, and if so is there any additional parts I
would need to make it work?
I apologize, this is my first boat, and I am trying to learn everything I
can. I do know that it is the same pitch (21) that I currently have on my
boat.

Thanks for the help

Chris

IBNFSHN

It depends on the splines and if they are the same, you may need a new
thrust bushing.

--
Bill
Chesapeake, Va

"Chris Rennert" wrote in message
. ..
Hello,

I have a 1993 Yamaha Pro V 150 on my 1989 Ranger 354V bass boat. My buddy
has a 4 blade Small Tube trophy Stainless Steel Prop. I was wondering if
that would even fit my motor, and if so is there any additional parts I
would need to make it work?
I apologize, this is my first boat, and I am trying to learn everything I
can. I do know that it is the same pitch (21) that I currently have on my
boat.

Thanks for the help

Chris

BenC

"Chris Rennert" wrote in message ...
Hello,

I have a 1993 Yamaha Pro V 150 on my 1989 Ranger 354V bass boat. My buddy
has a 4 blade Small Tube trophy Stainless Steel Prop. I was wondering if
that would even fit my motor, and if so is there any additional parts I
would need to make it work?
I apologize, this is my first boat, and I am trying to learn everything I
can. I do know that it is the same pitch (21) that I currently have on my
boat.

Thanks for the help

Chris

no need to apologize, gotta start somewhere. typically merc props will
fit with a few extra parts on the yamaha gearbox. the torpedo section
is the same and the prop splines are also the same. usually a
different thrust washer (the think washer that goes on the p'shaft
against the taper) as well as leaving out the thick yamaha rear washer
(the rear being the side the nut is on) and it will fit. it would seem
some people have "over venting" issues using a small tube merc prop on
a large gearbox, try the part mentioned here and see
http://www.mercnet.com/props?makePrintable=1 pay particular attention
to your max rpm when using the new prop, be sure to achieve at least
5400 rpm/wide open throttle.