gccch

Default Jersy Shore boating

I'm looking for information on boating the inland waterways Manasquan River
and Barnegat Bay. We're looking to trailer over for some water skiing and
touring in our 18' runabout. How are the conditions for this in these
waterways? Is there plenty of decent water calm enough for tubing and
skiing? Any recommended areas?

Thanks,

Greg

NOYB

"gccch" wrote in message
I'm looking for information on boating the inland waterways Manasquan

River
and Barnegat Bay. We're looking to trailer over for some water skiing and
touring in our 18' runabout. How are the conditions for this in these
waterways? Is there plenty of decent water calm enough for tubing and
skiing? Any recommended areas?

I learned to to waterski in Kettle Creek...just off Barnegat Bay (northwest
corner of the bay). Barnegat Bay gets kind of rough with a lot of boat
traffic on the weekends.

FishFan

"gccch" wrote in message news:stH_c.214$9P4.188@trndny02...
I'm looking for information on boating the inland waterways Manasquan River
and Barnegat Bay. We're looking to trailer over for some water skiing and
touring in our 18' runabout. How are the conditions for this in these
waterways? Is there plenty of decent water calm enough for tubing and
skiing? Any recommended areas?

Thanks,

Greg

Barnegat Bay gets nasty w/ boat wakes unless you start early in the
day. Best bet is in the Wide mouth of Cedar Creek. You can launch at
Trixies off Rt 9 in Bayville and it will be just on the other side of
Park there. After playing in the crrek you can head across to Tices
shoal on the back side of Island Beach State Park and anchor up to
hang out, swim, or cross over to the ocean... Or you can take a ride 6
miles south to the BI marker and then head up Oyster Creek Channel to
see the Lighthouse... Or you can go north a few miles and tie up for
lunch at Waters Edge Restaurnat and Patio Bar.

Have Fun

FishFan