Default sound proofing ?

Anyone use any of that sound proofing foam like in the west catalog? I have
corsa switchable exhaust and I get a lot of engine noise and noise from the
corsa diverter plates from the engine compartment at idle. The exhaust
it's self is under the swim platform and not so noticable at idle. The boat
has a full width sun deck/engine cover and I've been trying to figure out how
I can sound proof around the engine.
tia

NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts
made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email
JR North

The commercial soundproofing material is quite expensive.
The construction is:
1 layer of dense polyurethane foam apx 3/4".
1 layer of 40 mil vinyl sheet
1 layer of dense polyurethane foam 1/4"
1 layer aluminized mylar
Should be easy and cheap to make.
JR

--
Remove X to reply

Home Page:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth
Bill Andersen

What about space considerations? My engine compartment isn't much bigger
than the 3 liter MerCruiser it houses. The boat came with some soundproofing
in the engine housing cover. If I add more, will I be in danger of reducing
the space for air circulation?

wrote in message ...

Anyone use any of that sound proofing foam like in the west catalog? I

have
corsa switchable exhaust and I get a lot of engine noise and noise from

the
corsa diverter plates from the engine compartment at idle. The exhaust
it's self is under the swim platform and not so noticable at idle. The

boat
has a full width sun deck/engine cover and I've been trying to figure out

how
I can sound proof around the engine.
tia

eb -----