jchaplain

Default Say NO NO NO to Wal-Mart!!!

Please spread this word around, it's for our own good.

Cheers!
Jeff

Let me be the first to say NO to Walmart. I will go and scream it at their
front door.

I will, however, continue to shop there.

Steve

I'm with Steve on this. Reason being is that Walmart is only one of
the many many companies in the US that do this.
I worked at General Electric Aircraft Engine supplier companies and
GE buyers are *******s the way they treat the suppliers. Are you not
going to fly or buy lightbulbs?
Its the whole republican support the corporation screw the working
guy thing that needs to be fought. Our jobs are going overseas because
our politicians have no interest in fighting corporations from sending
jobs overseas.
Tex Houston

"Just In Time" wrote in message
om...
Say NO NO NO to Wal-Mart!!!

Walmart has gotten too big and it uses its power to exert over us. No
one can blame Wal-Mart for being abusive afterall, it's us, the
consumers, who gave the power to them! We are irresponsible and greedy
because we want the cheapest prices! I have to admit that I am guilty
as well as I do shop occasionally at you know where! (but that's to
change from now on)
Jeff

I will buy from whomever I want to buy from and when I want too buy. I do
not let others dictate my preferences.

It is the American way.

Tex Houston

Harry Krause

Tex Houston wrote:
"Just In Time" wrote in message
om...
Say NO NO NO to Wal-Mart!!!

Walmart has gotten too big and it uses its power to exert over us. No
one can blame Wal-Mart for being abusive afterall, it's us, the
consumers, who gave the power to them! We are irresponsible and greedy
because we want the cheapest prices! I have to admit that I am guilty
as well as I do shop occasionally at you know where! (but that's to
change from now on)
Jeff

I will buy from whomever I want to buy from and when I want too buy. I do
not let others dictate my preferences.

It is the American way.

Tex Houston

Ahh, but if you were capable of thinking abstractly, you would realize
that Wal-Mart in many ways *is* dictating your preferences.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Tex Houston

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Ahh, but if you were capable of thinking abstractly, you would realize
that Wal-Mart in many ways *is* dictating your preferences.

I have no Wal*Mart preference but I will shop there when it is convenient.
I just resent some individual with their own axe to grind trying to tell me
where to shop. If I want to shop discount store I tend to shop at the
closest at the time.

Let the marketplace decide (Economics 101?).

Tex

Harry Krause

Tex Houston wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Ahh, but if you were capable of thinking abstractly, you would realize
that Wal-Mart in many ways *is* dictating your preferences.

I have no Wal*Mart preference but I will shop there when it is convenient.
I just resent some individual with their own axe to grind trying to tell me
where to shop. If I want to shop discount store I tend to shop at the
closest at the time.

Let the marketplace decide (Economics 101?).

Tex

As I stated previously, you don't seem capable of thinking abstractly.
Wal-Mart is deciding where you will shop. Think it through. Think of all
the stores that close because of Wal-Mart. Think of all the American
workers out of a decent job because of Wal-Mart. Think of the varieties
of selection diminished because of Wal-Mart.

Got it?

--
Email sent to is never read.
Tex Houston

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
As I stated previously, you don't seem capable of thinking abstractly.
Wal-Mart is deciding where you will shop. Think it through. Think of all
the stores that close because of Wal-Mart. Think of all the American
workers out of a decent job because of Wal-Mart. Think of the varieties
of selection diminished because of Wal-Mart.

Got it?

If a store was not competive in price, service, etc allowing a Wal*Mart to
achive a market share starting with one unit, was that store serving our
interest in the first place? If Wal*Mart leaves an opening for a competitor
due to 'not minding the store' (pun intended) a competitor will indeed
appear. You've singled out one store but the model appears in all
marketplaces. How much variety is there in an average mall?

I live in an area of about 500,000 people and still tend to buy downtown
where the stores are individual setups but why would I condemn a chain
because they saw a need and fulfilled it. Sam Walton must have satisfied a
need for someone. My first experience with them was not a good one as the
store was quite small, crowded with merchandise and not all that clean.
That store is no longer open. We did not have a store here at the time and
I wondered...is this what all the talk is about?

Tex

Mark Jones

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
As I stated previously, you don't seem capable of thinking abstractly.
Wal-Mart is deciding where you will shop. Think it through. Think of all
the stores that close because of Wal-Mart. Think of all the American
workers out of a decent job because of Wal-Mart. Think of the varieties
of selection diminished because of Wal-Mart.

Actually I have access to a wider variety of merchandise
today than I could ever possibly need. Wal-Mart sells
discount goods and this only makes up a small portion
of the overall consumer market. I go there when they
have something that I need. That only happens a few
times a year.