Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Matt

Default Oil Pressure & Audio warning doesn't stop (Pressure Switch)

I have a '94 Chaparral with a Mercruiser 5.7L engine. I recently ran into a
problem when I put my boat in the water, the "Pressure Switch" (partnumber
87-805605A1 http://www.mercruiserparts.com/images/mer/2689.jpg (in picture
what is the nut and washer for? the wire just pushes on) rotted and oil was
spurting out. After replacing the Pressure Switch (oil replaced and
pressure back to normal), WITHOUT having the engine on and when turing the
key one click I get a continous audio warning, the only way to stop it is
remove the wire from the Pressure Switch. When the engine is running the
oil pressure is normal (see additional question below) and the alarm doesn't
sound, it only sounds when the engine is off and the key is turned one click
to turn on the accessories. Any suggestions??

I have straigh 40 weight oil, when running at a decent cruising speed my oil
pressure is around 60-65 is that normal or should it be a little lower?

Thanks for any info and help.

-Matt