Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
John Smith

Default Pylon for pulling Tubes?

I'm looking for a pylon I can mount to the back deck of my boat for PULLING
TUBES. I can only find ones that are recommended for skiing and
wakeboarding. My guess is because the drag from tubes is much stronger so
the pylons I have found are not suitable. Most are deckmounted and some
have support arms as well.

I have a Chaparral 220si with a "ski eye" on the back that works great for
sking and wake-boarding. But when I pull individual tubes with my
lightweight kids the ropes often catch in the wake. It sprays a lot of
water and also makes for a rough ride. If I pull more than one tube it can
get dangerous. I want to elevate the eye. That's why I'm looking for a
pylon.

Does anyone know of a product that I could mount on the back portion of my
boat deck? (just outside the transom). It would have to bolt through the
fiberglass deck -- I can also add some aluminum for fiberglass backing. Are
the warnings for current products legit or are they just going overboard to
avoid lawsuits? I know the situation is worse for longer pylons. A stubby
24" one would be great if I could find it. Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks!

Attaching tubes to RIB MMC Boat Building 0 April 22nd 04 03:07 PM
Replacing tubes on RIB MMC Cruising 0 April 20th 04 09:54 PM
Installing a ski pylon Ethan General 4 March 8th 04 07:58 PM
Sikaflex 291 in 100 ml tubes. Donny Boat Building 0 July 28th 03 03:02 PM