Jon.boston

Default 2000 - 23' Boston Whaler Outrage - Things to watch out for?

I'm looking at 2000 - 23' Boston Whaler outrage, 225hp merc. They are
going to start the engine so I can make sure it runs well.

The boat only has 50 hours, it has been out of the water for 24
months. Is there anything I should look at that may be an issue with
the boat?

Thanks,
Jon
JDavis1277

Jon,

I'd replace the batteries first thing. Also check that the bilge pump,
plumbing and float switch are in good operating condition. Along the same
lines make sure the livewell pump is also in good condition and that the
livewell and the plumbing has no leaks. Check the below deck storage
compartments to ensure they were not damaged by freezing weather. Inspect the
canvas and cushions carefully.

If the electronics are to your liking and you intend to continue using them
ensure they are in good working order.

The O/B is critical. I would not buy the boat without a loooong sea trial and
and a mechanical as well as a hull survey. Whalers are super boats but the
outer hulls can crack if they run onto something hard at speed. The cracks can
be hard to see.... especially if bottom paint has been applied.

IMO, the 23 Outrage is a fine boat.

Butch