Comcast News

Harry,

I know you don't know a lot about boating, but 2' ft waves, building to 5
ft. waves is in the main body, Only a fool would assume the narrow shallow
creeks and inlets would experience the same waves that the main body of the
wave. If you look at the forecast for the inlets, you would see they are
expect 2' to 3' waves.

The forecast for Baltimore is "NE WIND INCREASING TO 25 TO 30 KT WITH GUSTS
UP TO 40 KT. WAVES 2 TO 3 FT. A CHANCE OF TSTMS THROUGH THE NIGHT. RAIN AND
TSTMS TAPERING OFF LATE.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
jim-- wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
The latest forecast for Chesapeake Bay:

Tonight
NE wind increasing to 25 to 30 kt with gusts up to 40 kt...then N 35 to
40 kt with gusts up to 50 kt after midnight. Waves 2 ft...building to 5
ft after midnight. Widespread heavy rain and scattered tstms in the
evening tapering to scattered showers overnight.

Gusts up to 50 mph? On the Bay...

Too bad it'll be dark...watching five footers or more on the Bay would
be a sight to see.

Really? 5 footers in Sandusky Bay off Lake Erie are not uncommon. Why

are
you so excited about 5 footers in the Chesapeake? I would guess the Bay

has
some pretty nasty seas at times...5 footers are certainly not nasty

although
the winds forecasted certainly are.

Have you ever been out in anything other than 1-2 footers Harry?

The Bay is relatively shallow, Dennis, and where we are, not very wide.
There are significant portions of the shoreline barely above sea level.
With any kind of wind, five foot waves riding on top of a storm surge on
top of water that may only be three to four feet deep out a half mile to
nearly a mile in some places leads to an interesting visual.

Dennis, at best, and I mean at best, you may have been the owner of a
boat that rarely left the dock, according to your own posts. I suspect
if you were out in the ocean or even this Bay on a rough day, you'd
brownstain your shorts.

Pethaps the next time you have a really nasty storm on Lake Erie, you
and your wife should go out in it for some fun. Be sure to let the rest
of us know how the two of you do.

Got a real name, Dennis?
Got an occupation, Dennis?
Got a college degree, Dennis?
Got a working brain, Dennis?

Didn't think so.

--
"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in
Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me -

jim--

"Comcast News" wrote in message
Harry,

I know you don't know a lot about boating, but 2' ft waves, building to 5
ft. waves is in the main body, Only a fool would assume the narrow
shallow
creeks and inlets would experience the same waves that the main body of
the
wave. If you look at the forecast for the inlets, you would see they are
expect 2' to 3' waves.

The forecast for Baltimore is "NE WIND INCREASING TO 25 TO 30 KT WITH
GUSTS
UP TO 40 KT. WAVES 2 TO 3 FT. A CHANCE OF TSTMS THROUGH THE NIGHT. RAIN
AND
TSTMS TAPERING OFF LATE.

Too bad it will be dark when it happens. I bet Krause never saw such
violent seas. He-he-he.

Comcast News

jim--,
He reminds me of a little kid with ADD who is jumping up and down saying
"look at me" "look at me", oh won't someone pay me some attention.

I loved his attempt at showing concern about NYOB, when he said he would not
push him out of the way if I bus was going to hit him.

"jim--" wrote in message

[...]

Joseph Stachyra

From Oswego New York, 3 to 5 foot waves are common on lake Ontario, and you
don't need the a hurricane to make them. Yes, we have fished many times in
3 to 4 foot waves and we start to get off the lake when they hit 5 foot....
but that's us in a 23 foot boat.

jim-- wrote:
[...]

jim--

"Joseph Stachyra" wrote in message
From Oswego New York, 3 to 5 foot waves are common on lake Ontario, and
you
don't need the a hurricane to make them. Yes, we have fished many times
in
3 to 4 foot waves and we start to get off the lake when they hit 5
foot....
but that's us in a 23 foot boat.

I agree. In fact 5-7 footers on Lake Erie (a shallow lake) have been common
this spring/summer.

Most boat owners have been in 5-7 footers. I know I have. Hell, some
storms result in 8-12 footers, sometimes much much higher.

Poor Harry has never even seen 5 footers though as he claims it would be a
sight to see for him.

He-he-he. Maybe he needs to get out on the water for the first time.

Harry Krause

Joseph Stachyra wrote:

From Oswego New York, 3 to 5 foot waves are common on lake Ontario, and you
don't need the a hurricane to make them. Yes, we have fished many times in
3 to 4 foot waves and we start to get off the lake when they hit 5 foot....
but that's us in a 23 foot boat.

Let's try to put this in perspective. When we lived in Florida, five
foot ocean waves were common. We live adjacent to Chesapeake Bay now,
and five foot waves are not common. We normally see ones to twos in our
area. It isn't the waves per se that trouble me today, because I am not
out on the water and won't be until the weather calms. What concerns me
is the storm surge. It could prove troublesome to those on the
lower-lying areas of the Bay, some of which are near us. We have many
property owners and towns and marinas barely above sea level, and a
substantial surge will make a mess. We normally do NOT have much of a
surge here, absent a major storm.

I guess this no longer is a newsgroup where anything abstract can be
discussed without the usual pack of assholes (I'm not putting you in
this group, Joe) immediately jumping on and seeing if they can destroy
the discussion.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in
Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me -
you can't get fooled again." -George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept.
17, 2002
Comcast News

Joseph,
I have been on small lakes in a storm with 20 knot winds, that had 3 to 5
ft. waves, but they scare the dickens out of our boy Harry. On the other
hand, I would love to see a body of water, 2 to 3 ft. deep making waves 3 to
5ft deep. I am not sure, but I don't think it is physically possible.

"Joseph Stachyra" wrote in message
From Oswego New York, 3 to 5 foot waves are common on lake Ontario, and

you

jim-- wrote:
[...]

JAXAshby

Have you ever been out in anything other than 1-2 footers Harry?

hoary has not even *seen* 1-2 footers.
JAXAshby

Really? 5 footers in Sandusky Bay off Lake Erie are not uncommon. Why are
you so excited about 5 footers in the Chesapeake?

the Chesa is shallow, so five footers -- if they might develop, and the weather
reporters have not been exagerating a mite -- would be short, steep and
breaking. could be a handful for most boats.

Comcast News

"Look at me, Look at me"...... grin

Harry was it the Doctor Doctor who took the pictures of your yard or was it
the Yale Graduate?

PS here is a picture of my yard.

http://doors.stanford.edu/~sr/washin...hite-house.jpg

See how easy it easy. Harry, you are such a putz.

offshore fishing adectus General 7 January 3rd 04 03:23 PM
28 footers for channel islands Lefty Cruising 5 September 13th 03 04:18 PM
Aloha ahh aaaa Capt.American ASA 9 July 2nd 03 01:42 AM