Harlan Lachman

Default largest, fastest trailerable cruiser

Thanks to all who posted. I will read up on the boats mentioned and
investigate the issues of a wider beamed boat.

Harlan

In article , Harlan
Lachman wrote:

Harry, I read a lot of your posts and respect them, but this one I
don't get.

I rented a pick up to trailer my boat the last time I wanted to trailer
it someplace so I would just rent a vehicle big (or small) enough as
necessary. I want to be able to trailer it at least 1000 miles each way
(but I don't see why that matters either). And, I plan to cruise on it
(last year from Boston, P Town, Marthas, Block and Newport so it has to
be able to weather real seas but go fast when they are relatively
calm).

Given these considerations, what is the fastest, largest, trailerable
boat one can take cruising (oh, BTW, as an asthmatic with OSA, I need
AC and enough battery power to run my CPAP or at least a plug near the
berth I use).

Is that clearer or am I still missing your point?

Harlan

In article , Harry Krause
wrote:

Harlan Lachman wrote:

The subject line says it all. What are some of the largest, fastest
(40+ mph), trailerable (8'6" beam) cruising capable boats worth
considering?
Harlan

You need to consider all sorts of aspects of how and where you want to
use the boat and what you want to haul it with, and how far, before you
start asking these kinds of questions.

--
Tro respond, obviously drop the nospam!