bajajoe

Default 1991 volvo 570 245hp filters, belts, etc... where to buy?

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to boating and I just bought a boat that has the
aforementioned engine. I'd like to stock up on fuel filter, oil
filter, belts, hoses, etc... since I like to do the frequent
maintenance myself.

Where can I buy these beside the Volvo retail dealers (very
expensive). Since these are not ignition-related items, can I get
away with parts from auto stores like Pep Boys?

I understand that coils, alternators, etc. need to be
ignition-protected and marine parts are necessary for those. My
question relates to consumables like filters (and belts and hoses)

Thanks in advance.

Joe.
JamesgangNC

You can use regular belts, oil filters, hoses. You probably won't find the
spin on fuel filters. There are discount stores like west marine, boaters
discount world, and others that also have basic parts at a lower price than
boat dealers.

"bajajoe" wrote in message
om...
Hi all,

I'm a newbie to boating and I just bought a boat that has the
aforementioned engine. I'd like to stock up on fuel filter, oil
filter, belts, hoses, etc... since I like to do the frequent
maintenance myself.

Where can I buy these beside the Volvo retail dealers (very
expensive). Since these are not ignition-related items, can I get
away with parts from auto stores like Pep Boys?

I understand that coils, alternators, etc. need to be
ignition-protected and marine parts are necessary for those. My
question relates to consumables like filters (and belts and hoses)

Thanks in advance.

Joe.

Mikkilla

Where can I buy these beside the Volvo retail dealers (very
expensive). Since these are not ignition-related items, can I get
away with parts from auto stores like Pep Boys?

Yes you can.. or you can find a dealer for Sierra parts

Wish i could remember the website addy.