Default Who lives full time on boat?

Just curious who here LIVES on their boat or sail boat?
Comcast News

I cruised and lived on a sailboat for 6 months, while I enjoyed the
cruising, I would never live on a sailboat that stayed in one marina. The
boat I was on was 52', and it was still very cramped with limited storage
space. One thing I didn't realize is the salt air keeps all of your clothes
damp and gritty.

wrote in message
news
Just curious who here LIVES on their boat or sail boat?

Lee @ TheBayGuide.com

wrote in message
news
Just curious who here LIVES on their boat or sail boat?

I'm living on my 32' Carver in Baltimore's Inner Harbor. Couldn't be
happier.

- - - - -
Lee Yeaton
www.thebayguide.com

the boats of rec.boats
www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

rec.boats merchandise
www.cafeshops.com/recdotboats

I cruised and lived on a sailboat for 6 months, while I enjoyed the
cruising, I would never live on a sailboat that stayed in one marina. The
boat I was on was 52', and it was still very cramped with limited storage
space.

Was it really that bad?

I'm living on my 32' Carver in Baltimore's Inner Harbor. Couldn't be
happier.

OK

Well reason Im asking is cause a good friend and his
wife just sold EVERYTHING and drove down to Florida and
bought a 32' sail boat and taking a year to "cruise"

They started planning three years back for this by
taking all kinds of classes, etc

se link

http://www.sailkabuki.com/

Anyway..... I don't own a boat and don't know anything
abt sailing... but his adventure has me fascinated!

As a result Ive posted a few messages on the "nuts and
bolts" for doing such a thing

Comcast News

No it was not bad, in fact I totally enjoyed the cruise, and would do it
again. On the other hand, if I was just tied to a dock at my local marina,
I would have found it extremely cramped living accommodations. As I stated,
your clothes will most likely musty or even developed mildew over time.
Salt is hydroscopic so it absorbs the moisture in the air so you clothes
will always be slightly damp.

On the other hand, you will find many people who are liveaboards and enjoy
it. If you want to hear the positive and negative aspects of living about
your boat, I recommend you visit http://www.livingaboard.com/. They have
forums that you can get all of your questions answered by those who actually
live aboard their boats.

You will also find liveaboards in rec.boats.cruising, and it is probably a
better newsgroup for this topic than rec.boats.

wrote in message
I cruised and lived on a sailboat for 6 months, while I enjoyed the
cruising, I would never live on a sailboat that stayed in one marina.

The
boat I was on was 52', and it was still very cramped with limited storage
space.

Was it really that bad?

Comcast News

As I mentioned in my other response, in my opinion Cruising is very
enjoyable, and I accepted the cramped quarters as part of the cruising
experience. I would never recommend anyone selling everything and moving
aboard a boat, without taking a few long cruises and see it is something you
want to do. If you visit the Caribbean islands, you will find many boats
for sale, by people who thought they would enjoy the lifestyle and quickly
become disenchanted.

On the other hand, if you find it is something you want to do, you can get
some great deals on boats in the Caribbean.

Fiberglass vs plastic bb General 74 March 15th 11 07:53 PM
What's a good sail boat to buy to live on? Wilfred Johnson Cruising 8 July 7th 04 01:57 AM
oday 25, for the beginner or not? Phracktal Cruising 12 June 7th 04 05:43 AM
offshore fishing adectus General 7 January 3rd 04 03:23 PM