Cindy Spottock

Default 7.4 mercury with a Bravo II leg.

I know there are many variables but can anyone give me an idea of how many
hours of service a 7.4 merc can give me before it will need an overhaul. The
boat I am looking at has 800 hours of use but looks well kept. I know it
will need a survey to be sure.

Wayne.B

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 01:58:38 GMT, "Cindy Spottock"
wrote:
I know there are many variables but can anyone give me an idea of how many
hours of service a 7.4 merc can give me before it will need an overhaul. The
boat I am looking at has 800 hours of use but looks well kept. I know it
will need a survey to be sure.

The average is less than 1500 hours before rebuild/replacement and
some do not make it to 1,000 hours. A lot depends on how they've been
run and maintained. At the very least you are likely to need new
exhaust manifolds and risers right away. If it has good compression,
starts easily and is not burning oil, there is probably a decent
amount of life in it.

OT Mercury in fish basskisser General 1 August 4th 04 06:01 PM
Mercury outboard carburetors Rod McInnis General 5 March 6th 04 03:00 AM
Mercury alleges dumping by Japanese mfgs? JB General 2 January 19th 04 01:24 AM
Mercury Bravo Drive Bill General 1 January 7th 04 06:26 PM
Alpha One or Bravo 3? Capt. Frank General 0 August 16th 03 04:58 AM