Gary Warner

Default Any decent 12 volt vacuum?

Seems a lot of little grass etc gets on the carpet. At some point we'll be
away at boat shows and might like to "clean house" where there is
no AC power or home vacuum. So, anyone have reccomendations
on a decent 12-Volt vacuum and/or one's to avoid?

Just a small handheld model, as for a car, would do.

Gary

Gary Warner

"CCred68046" wrote in message
Seems a lot of little grass etc gets on the carpet. At some point we'll

be
away at boat shows and might like to "clean house" where there is
no AC power or home vacuum. So, anyone have reccomendations
on a decent 12-Volt vacuum and/or one's to avoid?

Just a small handheld model, as for a car, would do.

They all suck.

....ererrrr. I should have seen that coming

Wayne.B

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 21:13:26 -0400, "Gary Warner"
wrote:
Seems a lot of little grass etc gets on the carpet. At some point we'll be
away at boat shows and might like to "clean house" where there is
no AC power or home vacuum. So, anyone have reccomendations
on a decent 12-Volt vacuum and/or one's to avoid?

Just a small handheld model, as for a car, would do.

I've had really lousy luck with 12 volt vacs.

That's the bad news.

The good news is that 110 volt vacs work just fine from an inverter,
and inverters are getting cheap. WalMart has a little gem which is
rated at 700 watts continuous, 1400 watts peak. I have one and it
works as advertised. Price? Brace yourself, $70. It seems to be a
well made unit and has a plethora of uses other than running your vac.
I've got one in my garage hooked up to a pair of golf cart batts all
ready to provide emergency house power. It will run my full size
refigerator/freezer with plenty of power left over for a few lights,
the TV, stereo, etc. Oh yes, computers also.