B Gilmour

Default stalling

HI;
Ive got an inboard outboard 165hp mercruser that keeps stalling when you go
from neutral into gear. I understand it may be the shift cable. A neutral
switch or something. Any Ideas????
Are there any adjustments on the cable that could solve the problem????
Thanks in advance

Jeff Rigby

"B Gilmour" wrote in message
HI;
Ive got an inboard outboard 165hp mercruser that keeps stalling when you

go
from neutral into gear. I understand it may be the shift cable. A neutral
switch or something. Any Ideas????
Are there any adjustments on the cable that could solve the problem????
Thanks in advance

It's usually a stiff shift cable from the engine to the outdrive. Don't

try to adjust.

Do a google search of the problem. Mercruiser shift cable

John Wentworth

" I've got an inboard outboard 165hp mercruser that keeps stalling when you
go from neutral into gear. I understand it may be the shift cable. A neutral
switch or something. Any Ideas???? Are there any adjustments on the cable
that could solve the problem????"

Check the adjustment of the "shift interrupter switch", it's purpose is to
kill the ignition for a moment when you shift into forward or reverse to
make the gear engagement easier.
Check the adjustment with engine NOT running. Move remote control shift
handle to full reverse while turning propeller shaft clockwise until shaft
stops, ensuring full clutch engagement. The switch should be in the center
of it's slot. If not, adjust the remote control shifter cable 1 turn at a
time (4 turns maximum) toward the end guide.

MerCruiser stalling Bill General 9 September 30th 03 04:18 AM
Stalling inboard center console Dirk General 8 August 20th 03 11:45 AM
High Oil Pressure & Stalling out Matt General 2 July 21st 03 11:44 PM