Gould 0738

Default Views of Kerry

Better yet, why did he ask
Spielberg to add the effects of gun fire in the water to those films and add
them to his video at the convention? Very strange.

Cite?

************

Really support our troops. Join "Soldiers for The Truth". http://www.sftt.org/

Gould 0738

From Snopes:

Kerry earned his Silver Star on 28
February 1969, when he beached his craft and jumped off it with an M-16 rifle
in hand to chase and shoot a guerrilla who was running into position to launch
a B-40 rocket at Kerry's boat. Contrary to the account quoted above, Kerry did
not shoot a "Charlie" who had "fired at the boat and missed," whose "rocket
launcher was empty," and who was "already dead or dying" after being "knocked
down with a .50 caliber round." Kerry's boat had been hit by a rocket fired by
someone else — the guerrilla in question was still armed with a live B-40 and
had only been clipped in the leg; when the guerrilla got up to run, Kerry
assumed he was getting into position to launch a rocket and shot him:

On Feb. 28, 1969, Kerry's boat received word that a swift boat was being
ambushed. As Kerry raced to the scene, his boat became another target, as a
Viet Cong B-40 rocket blast shattered a window. Kerry could have ordered his
crew to hit the enemy and run. But the skipper had a more aggressive reaction
in mind. Beach the boat, Kerry ordered, and the craft's bow was quickly rammed
upon the shoreline. Out of the bush appeared a teenager in a loin cloth,
clutching a grenade launcher.

An enemy was just feet away, holding a weapon with enough firepower to blow up
the boat. Kerry's forward gunner, [Tommy] Belodeau, shot and clipped the Viet
Cong in the leg. Then Belodeau's gun jammed, according to other crewmates
(Belodeau died in 1997). [Michael] Medeiros tried to fire at the Viet Cong, but
he couldn't get a shot off.

In an interview, Kerry added a chilling detail.

"This guy could have dispatched us in a second, but for . . . I'll never be
able to explain, we were literally face to face, he with his B-40 rocket and us
in our boat, and he didn't pull the trigger. I would not be here today talking
to you if he had," Kerry recalled. "And Tommy clipped him, and he started going
[down.] I thought it was over."

Instead, the guerrilla got up and started running. "We've got to get him, make
sure he doesn't get behind the hut, and then we're in trouble," Kerry recalled.

So Kerry shot and killed the guerrilla. "I don't have a second's question about
that, nor does anybody who was with me," he said. "He was running away with a
live B-40, and, I thought, poised to turn around and fire it." Asked whether
that meant Kerry shot the guerrilla in the back, Kerry said, "No, absolutely
not. He was hurt, other guys were shooting from back, side, back. There is no,
there is not a scintilla of question in any person's mind who was there [that]
this guy was dangerous, he was a combatant, he had an armed weapon."
Another member of the crew confirmed Kerry's account for the Boston Globe and
expressed no doubt that Kerry's action had saved both the boat and its crew:

jim--

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Better yet, why did he ask
Spielberg to add the effects of gun fire in the water to those films and

add
them to his video at the convention? Very strange.

Cite?

Heard it on the radio yesterday...perhaps Glenn Beck. I will try to dig up
a link for you.

The videos looked like the original events to you Chuck?? Why would anyone
in their right mind, especially the commander of a war ship, be taking
movies instead of commanding his ship and troops through the fight??

Gould 0738

Heard it on the radio yesterday...perhaps Glenn Beck. I will try to dig up
a link for you.

Who is Glenn Beck? Another Limbaugh clone?

The videos looked like the original events to you Chuck?? Why would anyone
in their right mind, especially the commander of a war ship, be taking
movies instead of commanding his ship and troops through the fight??

I didn't see the videos. I'm not commenting
on their authenticity.

You, on the other hand, are spreading a specific story that Steven Spielberg
conspired with John Kerry to "spice up" these videos with special effects (like
bullets impacting the water) in order to make them more impressive for the
Democratic convention.

Unless you want everybody to presume that you simply pulled that story out of
your transom exhaust hose, or that your close personal relationship with
Spielberg and/or Kerry has made you privy to this conspiracy, you shouldn't
make a statement like that without some corroboration.

jim--

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Better yet, why did he ask
Spielberg to add the effects of gun fire in the water to those films and

add
them to his video at the convention? Very strange.

Cite?

My bad...James Moll, partner of Spielberg.

http://www.nationalreview.com/york/york200407301059.asp

http://www.drudgereport.com/dnc81.htm

jim--

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
[...]

No need to get all bent out of shape Chuck....see my links before you shoot
from the hip anymore than you already have. And there are plenty
more...just google if you don't trust them. ;-)

Gould 0738

No one ran and hid, Harry. Bush went into the Guard and flew F102's.

Bush showed up for guard duty.
For a while.
He then "flunked" or refused to submit to the drug test rquired before learning
to fly a plane that was more likely going to see some combat.

Bush's pay records have a three month "gap".

He then got an early dismissal to go work on a Republican politician's campaign
in Alabama.

Sounds like CIC material to me.

Figger it out, you guys. We're trying to figure who is most qualified to be
POTUS, not which of these inept characters is least qualified to lead men into
combat. I wouldn't follow either one of them into hell, but at least one of
them made a brief appearance there and knows where it is.

AA88

Really support our troops. Join "Soldiers for The Truth". http://www.sftt.org/

Harry Krause

Gould 0738 wrote:
Heard it on the radio yesterday...perhaps Glenn Beck. I will try to dig up
a link for you.

Who is Glenn Beck? Another Limbaugh clone?

Even more tasteless, if you can imagine that.

--
"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in
Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me -