Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
William G. Andersen

Default TurboLube Oil Bath Hubs

Does anyone here use oil bath hubs? If I replace my trailer bearings and
Fulton Bearing Buddies with them will that be the end of worrying about
trailer bearings?
How do you make the changeover? Just remove all the old bearings, wash
everything down with mineral spirits and install the oil bath hubs?
I hate servicing the wheel bearings of my Escort trailer (19 Bayliner
bowrider) because I don't really know what I'm doing, and I don't like doing
jobs like that anymore. In the past, I've forced a rear seal to leak by
putting in too much grease, and I don't like the fact that my bearings could
fail when I least want them too: I can't imagine changing bearings in the
curb lane of a busy road.