RB

Default boat cleaning

I've been seeing late night TV commercials for products called something
like OxiClean. Supposed to work miracles for cleaning mildue, and dirty
surfaces.

Would this stuff be good for boat cleanup? Or is it just plain ordinary old
bleach dressed up to bring more money? Speaking of which, bleach does a
fairly good job. Just wondering if OxiClean is different and better.

Jim

I bought a bucket of this stuff at "Smart & Final". Then I read an
article, here I think, about how it does not work. So, it sat in a
cupboard.

Then I was cleaning out under a battery box that hadn't been moved for
years, and tried the OxiClean. Did a fantastic job on the bilge, and
the shower sump. I will buy more next time I see some.
Jim

RB wrote:
I've been seeing late night TV commercials for products called something
like OxiClean. Supposed to work miracles for cleaning mildue, and dirty
surfaces.

Would this stuff be good for boat cleanup? Or is it just plain ordinary old
bleach dressed up to bring more money? Speaking of which, bleach does a
fairly good job. Just wondering if OxiClean is different and better.

Don White

"Jim" wrote in message snip
tried the OxiClean. Did a fantastic job on the bilge, and
the shower sump. I will buy more next time I see some.
Jim

Try your local Costco. Here they sell it in plastic tubs.

Gary Warner

"Don White" wrote in message

"Jim" wrote in message snip
tried the OxiClean. Did a fantastic job on the bilge, and
the shower sump. I will buy more next time I see some.
Jim

Try your local Costco. Here they sell it in plastic tubs.

I bought some (I think it was that) in the $1 store. It was
a small thing, maybe 12 oz. Worked only ok, but then
I don't think there is anything going to get that rust
colored stain off my white cusions.

Love the Dollar Store. Got some 5x7 tarps for $1
each. Also buy 4 paint brushes for $1 - they're
junk for any good finish but work ok for just slapping
some paint on something. ~ Don't buy tools there
though. I needed a pair of wire cutters on the
boat just to cut zip ties (we use them to hold
a light-bar on the top when trailering). The $1 cutters
wouldn't even cut one the first time out of the
box. Oh well.

Gary