Jim--

Default OT-Canadians

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
But you do not even know how to make a simple post to a NG. ;-)

Canada....the America wannabe.

Not so fast, Jim

Where do you think all the conservatives fled after a bunch of radical

liberals
toppled the government of the American colonies back in the 1700's?

What country could possibly appeal more to privileged conservatives than a
country
that provided asylum to that class of folks during and immediately after

the
revolution?

The new guy

I come from a small country that has no inventions and nothing big. I live
in Canada now. I lived in USA before, and I tell you that the USA is
sharper than Canada. I deal daily with americans and canadians, to close a
deal with a canadian takes me 20-30 minutes, maybe 3-4 phone calls, with an
american-one call-2 minutes..honestly! When I give credit to a canadian
company I have to wait for my money 60-90 days, chase them, etc., maybe even
not get paid...with the americans-has not happened yet.
Figure this:
There is 300 million people over THERE trying to survive in the jungle,
chewing each others throats...to be a survivor you have to be sharp, quick,
smart.
There is 30 million people HERE, OHIP, walfare, CO-OP, no guns...ha!!! Is
there a death penalty in Canada?
I hate when people start comparing countries, its just not right, 80% of the
crap that we sell is bought in the states, so why fight or put them down?
I agree about the beer, it sucks! but the canadian beer is not better
either...have you guys tried Heineken? or german beer? or cuban?
Beer its all about the water!
"Jim Carter" wrote in message
.cable.rogers.com...

SO, WHAT DO CANADIANS HAVE TO BE PROUD OF?

JimL

And don't forget: Canada leads the world in being just north of the
United States!

-JimL

Jim Carter wrote:
SO, WHAT DO CANADIANS HAVE TO BE PROUD OF?

basskisser

"Jim Carter" wrote in message t.cable.rogers.com...
SO, WHAT DO CANADIANS HAVE TO BE PROUD OF?

1. Smarties
2. Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp
3. The size of our footballs fields and one less down
4. Baseball is Canadian
5. Lacrosse is Canadian
6. Hockey is Canadian
7. Basketball is Canadian
8. Apple pie is Canadian
9. Mr. Dress-up kicks Mr. Rogers ass
10. Tim Hortons kicks Dunkin' Donuts ass
11. In the war of 1812, started by America, Canadians pushed the Americans
back...past their 'White House'. Then we burned it...and most of Washington,
under the command of William Lyon MaKenzie King who was insane and hammered
all the time. We got bored because they ran away, so we came home and
partied...Go figure..
12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to
Germany.
13. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or
withdrew during any war to anyone. anywhere. EVER.
14. Our civil war was fought in a bar and it lasted a little over an hour.
15. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American
mercenary, who slept in and missed the whole thing... but showed up just in
time to get caught.
16. We knew plaid was cool far before Seattle caught on.
17. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and
is still around as the worlds oldest company.
18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in
under 3 minutes.
19. We still know what to do with all the parts of a buffalo.
20. We don't marry our kin-folk.
21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin,
zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives each
year.
22. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell
about it.
23. A Canadian invented Superman.
24. We have colured money.
25. Our beer advertisments kick ass
BUT MOST IMPORTANT!
24. The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands with
mitts on. OOOoohhhhh Canada!!
25. And we don't bomb our allies.

oh yeah... and our elections only take one day.

Ever since I lived in Western NY and went to Canada regularly, I've
had an affection for the place, and their way of life. If only THEY
were the ones SOUTH of the U.S. borders!!!!!
basskisser

bb wrote in message . ..
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:33:21 -0800, jps wrote:

Don't understand how anyone would want to drink that crap
but they do...

When the days are long and very hot, nothing wrong with a lighter beer
to wet the whistle.

bb

There are plenty of "lighter beers" that still have some modecum of
flavor, as opposed to swill like Bud, Coors Lite, etc. Try a wheat
beer, like Sierra Nevada Wheat, or Blue Moon. Any decent Belgian White
will do, or Starropremen, with a wedge of lemon.

Don White

Maybe you're trying to sell something Canadians don't particularly want or
need.
You have to work for a sale.

.rogers.com...

"Jim Carter" wrote in message
.cable.rogers.com...

SO, WHAT DO CANADIANS HAVE TO BE PROUD OF?

DSK

jps wrote:

Is being a snob about anything dumb or is it just wine and beer?

Bottled water, maybe?

I myself am somewhat of a snob about boats, but more in regard to how they are kept
& operated rather than size or expense.

DSK

RGrew176

SO, WHAT DO CANADIANS HAVE TO BE PROUD OF?

1. Smarties
2. Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp
3. The size of our footballs fields and one less down

4. Baseball is Canadian

Don't think so.

5. Lacrosse is Canadian

Actually a version of Lacrosse was played by native Americans before we arrived
here some indians reside in Canadian territory so this statement could be
partially true.

6. Hockey is Canadian

7. Basketball is Canadian

Don't think so.

8. Apple pie is Canadian
9. Mr. Dress-up kicks Mr. Rogers ass
10. Tim Hortons kicks Dunkin' Donuts ass

11. In the war of 1812, started by America, Canadians pushed the Americans

Don't think so. My history book stated that it was the commandeering of
American ships and the impressing of our sailors into the British navy so they
could help in the fight against the French and the British refusal to stop that
practice that led to the war of 1812.

12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to
Germany.

Definitely true.

13. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or
withdrew during any war to anyone. anywhere. EVER.

There were no Canadian troops at Dunkirk??

14. Our civil war was fought in a bar and it lasted a little over an hour.
15. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American
mercenary, who slept in and missed the whole thing... but showed up just in
time to get caught.
16. We knew plaid was cool far before Seattle caught on.
17. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and
is still around as the worlds oldest company.
18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in
under 3 minutes.
19. We still know what to do with all the parts of a buffalo.
20. We don't marry our kin-folk.

You don't have West Virginia and Kentucky so that is true.

21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin,
zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives

each
year.

Most of the above but not the telephone if my memory is correct.

22. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell
about it.
23. A Canadian invented Superman.

24. We have colured money.

So do we now with our new money. Looks nice.

25. Our beer advertisments kick ass
BUT MOST IMPORTANT!
24. The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands with
mitts on. OOOoohhhhh Canada!!

25. And we don't bomb our allies.

oh yeah... and our elections only take one day.

Interesting to say the least.

153 days to go..
Jim Carter

"RGrew176" wrote in message
SO, WHAT DO CANADIANS HAVE TO BE PROUD OF?

( snip)
4. Baseball is Canadian

Don't think so.

reply.... Yes, it is. Your Mr. Abner Doubleday was born in 1819.
Baseball is referred to in letters in Canada in 1748/1749, from the diaries
of Lady Hervy.

5. Lacrosse is Canadian

Actually a version of Lacrosse was played by native Americans before we

arrived
here some indians reside in Canadian territory so this statement could be
partially true.

reply...Huron Indians, from Canada, were credited of inventing Lacrosse, the
National Sport of Canada.

(snip)

7. Basketball is Canadian

Don't think so.

Reply......The inventer of Basketball is Canadian, James Naismith, McGill
University, Montreal 1891.
(snip)

11. In the war of 1812, started by America, Canadians pushed the

Americans

Don't think so. My history book stated that it was the commandeering of
American ships and the impressing of our sailors into the British navy so

they
could help in the fight against the French and the British refusal to stop

that
practice that led to the war of 1812.

reply....War declared in 1812 by President James Madison. New York State
wanted Canada. American troops invaded Canada and were promply thrown out
by Canadian Troops.

snip

13. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered

or
withdrew during any war to anyone. anywhere. EVER.

There were no Canadian troops at Dunkirk??

reply.....No, there were no Canadian troops at Dunkirk. Canadian troops
were garrison in England at the time of Dunkirk.

(Snip)
21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin,

penicillin,
zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives

each
year.

Most of the above but not the telephone if my memory is correct.

reply.... check your memory, Telephone invented by Alexander Graham Bell in
Brantford Ontario Canada in 1874.
He improved it in Boston 1876. A speech given by Bell, in Ottawa 1909, he
stated "Of this you can be sure, the telephone was invented in Canada. It
was made in the USA."

Jim Carter