Fred

Default outdrive position for storage

I was told to store my outdrive in the down position. When I got the boat
to the covered storage, the battery was dead and I couldn't lower the drive.
Will this cause me any problems?

Capt. Frank Hopkins

Hi Fred, what will happen is:
The rams will corrode, collect dirt and dust, possibly freeze in
position. (Drive up and, be a real pain in the butt come spring.) Ram
and cylinder assemblies cost about $300.00 each + installation and zincs.

You will not have these issues if you store the drive in the full
lowered position with the rams retracted. Were I you, I would take a
charged battery to the boat and drop the drive.

Capt Frank

Fred wrote:

I was told to store my outdrive in the down position. When I got the boat
to the covered storage, the battery was dead and I couldn't lower the drive.
Will this cause me any problems?

Capt. Frank Hopkins

Perhaps long jumper cables from your car.?!?

Fred wrote:

I was told to store my outdrive in the down position. When I got the boat
to the covered storage, the battery was dead and I couldn't lower the drive.
Will this cause me any problems?

CaptMP

Fred-you will want to charge that battery-leaving it sit dead 'til spring means
you'll be buying a new one.
Good luck
Mike