basskisser

Default OT To all Vets

Although the arguments here vary wildy, although a lot of us don't
agree with a lot of others, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish
all veterans of military service a happy Veteran's Day, whatever that
may entail. Your service to your country has gone unnoticed by too
many.
Gould 0738

I second that.

The men and women who have put their "duty" above their own personal lives, and
in many recent decades have marched off without second guessing to any number
of wars with controversial, if not extremely questionable motivations, have
absolutely demonstrated character that transcends self and a dedication to the
greater social good.

People willing to serve are very special. We must not squander their lives and
service needlessly, and we must acknowledge their service with predictable
benefits.

A country needs a number of things, and one of those things is the ability to
physically defend itself. Without the veterans, we wouldn't have had that
ability over the years so, seriously, "Hooray for veterans!" Thank you.

Capt. Frank Hopkins

Hi All,
A simple Thank You to the our Vets seems so inadequate. Mere words can't
describe my feelings of gratitude for your service and sacrifice. I (we)
owe you a debt that can't be repaid in coin or treasure.

My father served in WW 2 II as a combat photographer. North Africa,
Sicily, France, Normandy/ He processed film on Normandy Beach as the
artillery burst around him. He chronicled the liberation of Nordhaussen
that vile death camp, The foul treatment of the prisoners by the Nazis.
Shot pictures of razed villages and burned tanks, Photos of freed Jews
at Dachau. Journeled the Ramagen bridge, and the Battle of The Bulge.

Thank You Dad. Thank you for allowing me to speak english as my primary
language. Thank you for the Flag I raise in the front yard.

Someday, I will obtain a scanner and post some of his remarkable
photographs for the world to see.

All I can say is Thanks, Thanks for my freedom, Thanks for my rights,
Thanks for keeping the United States a free country. Most of all, Thank
You for our Peace and Security this nation has much known for the past
60 years.

Capt. Frank