Jim Woodard

Default Any coasties out there?

CGAUX here.....daughter is active duty JAG officer as we speak.

BUDATLITHO wrote:

Auxiliary Forms Division Chief here. Got my DHS certificate yesterday, as did
most at the flotilla meeting last nite.

--
-
John Gaquin

"Capt Lou" wrote in message
Did anyone (or everyone) in the Coast Guard and USCGAUX receive

AUX-- Got mine yesterday, as did most of our Flotilla.

JG
FC, 0502, 1NR

Capt. Frank Hopkins

Tell the tales O bard!

Capt. Frank

JimL wrote:
Butch Ammon wrote:
removed
Wooooo... The stories I could tell!

Sounds boating related to me. Let's hear 'em. :^) :^)

-JimL

Capt. Frank Hopkins

Im in 14-8. Jacksonville, Florida. We did get our DHS cards, but not new
certificates.

Waving the banner, 14-8 just recived the #2 national award for its
website. Congrats to our webmaster Paul Burns.

http://www.uscgaux.org/~0701408/

Capt. Frank

Capt. Frank Hopkins wrote:

Capt. Frank USCG-AUX

UglyDan®©™

Guess the CGA is New and Improved now since back in the 70's at most
small boat station's they were considered a nuisance rather than
asset,True story's, Not a tale, CGA Flotilla Commodore responds to- Yawn
its been so long I've forgotten, but I do remember the case when he
drove his silverton/luhrs? so hard aground he went over the flybridge,
landed on the fordeck, and broke his shoulder.Had to get a helo from
Brooklyn Air to Medivac Mr CGA.
Then there was the other idiot that caught a line in his screws towing a
boat out of gas, landing them both up on the jetty,(total loss).
I could go on and on, But my favorite stunt the CGA always pulled was
every weekend duty you could always count on CGA to get in the chowline
from 1130 -1300 to kill off the main meal while the rest of the regulars
on duty weekend were doing there job, and after a long day of SAR ( Yeah
the days of towin idjits, out of gas or broken down) its Coldcuts or
Peanut Butter+Jelly.
So I can see where you can be proud of your HLS certificate.

But hey I got the Presidential Physical Fitness Award 3 times, signed by
JFK himself in 1965. Go figger, UD

http://community.webtv.net/capuglyda...inUglyDansJack

UglyDan®©™

(Bob) wrote
funny...i was on duty with the USCG Aux at station sandy hook (new york
harbor) after 9/11. if you got in trouble at that time the ONLY SAR
support was the auxiliary. the active duty guys were in manhatten

i've spent enough time at CGSTA sandy hook to know the auxiliary is
appreciated..

Times have changed.

Is the old station still there? I remember the new station built back
in the mid 70's with a new boathouse/Travelift and all, Did a rehab on a
old 44 MLB there since GI was to busy, UD