Larry

Default Lead/acid batteries this winter

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:59:20 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

Steve wrote:

That's an Old Wives tail..

The only thing that is detriment is the concrete floor will be colder.. Or
the battery acid my etch the floor if it spills or leaks.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

I have a high-tech shelf in my garage for battery storage. It consists
of two leftover 12" concrete blocks supporting a length of 2 x 12. I
just plop the batteries on the shelf after cleaning them, and then top
off their charges once a month.

I've been thinking of selling these "battery shelf kits" on eBay to
boaters for $99.95 plus shipping. What think you?

You'll never get the $99.95 without a name change: "Marine battery shelf
kits"
--

Larry
email is rapp at lmr dot com
Harry Krause

Steve wrote:

That's an Old Wives tail..

The only thing that is detriment is the concrete floor will be colder.. Or
the battery acid my etch the floor if it spills or leaks.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

I have a high-tech shelf in my garage for battery storage. It consists
of two leftover 12" concrete blocks supporting a length of 2 x 12. I
just plop the batteries on the shelf after cleaning them, and then top
off their charges once a month.

I've been thinking of selling these "battery shelf kits" on eBay to
boaters for $99.95 plus shipping. What think you?

You'll never get the $99.95 without a name change: "Marine battery shelf
kits"

Good idea. I'll cut you in for a commission.

Marine Battery Shelf Kits!
Protect Your Marine Batteries!
Everything You Need to Keep
Your Marine Batteries From
Concrete Floor Damage!

Buy One Now for Only $99.95 + handling and shipping.

Holds Up to Six Group 27 Marine Batteries.

--
Email sent to is never read.

winter storage are David Ditch General 4 November 10th 03 01:38 PM
Alternator Shot - How long running on Batteries? speedo General 6 October 8th 03 02:29 PM
NiMH batteries in a portable VHF? Rob Malkin General 11 September 24th 03 05:52 AM
12 volt Batteries - branda and/or where to buy ?? Gary Warner General 9 September 4th 03 01:17 PM
Living on a boat: winter?? sergem General 9 July 31st 03 04:32 AM