Harry Krause

Default Oil filter vs fuel filter?

K Smith wrote:

Paul Garcia wrote:
Aren't you the bird who said he would never post any information about his
boat, because you were scared for your life? What happened that you
suddenly are posting all of your pictures on the internet?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

It's not his boat!!

It is, too!! It is, too!!

You're really an idiot, Karen Elizabeth Smith.

Always the same mostly in your winter so he has less chance of being
caught.

Are your synapses misfiring again, Karen Elizabeth Smith?

I mean after all the BS posting this boat has rarely left the
shed, why??

Methinks you've spent too much time in the shed, inhaling alcohol vapors.

because the real owner didn't take it nor Harry out. We all
know for a fact Harry isn't busy because he posts left wing political
crap here 24/7.

Ahh, I'm so glad my politics annoy you. It makes it all worthwhile.

Got a college degree, Karen?
Got a job?
Got anything published?

You're a poseur, Karen Elizabeth Smith. You couldn't get a job polishing
trailer hitch balls.

--
Email sent to is never read.

Harry Krause

Steve wrote:

Enjoyed your slide show, nice boat. Looks great for fishing.

SH

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Gfretwell wrote:

No filter equals water. mix water with gas, get a lean fuel mixture.
That equals a burnt piston down the road.

Who said "no filter"
BTW on a EFI "lean mixture" means "pump in a little more fuel". That's

what the
oxygen sensor does.

Real men drink the water their fuel filters separate out...

Visit Yo Ho at:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/hakrause

--
Email sent to is never read.

Thanks. She's been a lot of fun this past season. I'd like to install a
small radar set next spring, so I can do some night fishing, and a
couple of other goodies to make life aboard a bit more pleasant.

--
Email sent to
is never read.

K Smith

Paul Garcia wrote:
Aren't you the bird who said he would never post any information about his
boat, because you were scared for your life? What happened that you
suddenly are posting all of your pictures on the internet?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

It's not his boat!! This is standard lies for him to try & self serve
his lies, he's done the same thing over & over including the 43 "Hatt"
the seapro, the 36ft Lobster boat (till they wised up & got rid of him
hanging around) & now his latest BS lie the Parker (won't take long
before the real owner gets rid of him also)..

Always the same mostly in your winter so he has less chance of being
caught. I mean after all the BS posting this boat has rarely left the
shed, why?? because the real owner didn't take it nor Harry out. We all
know for a fact Harry isn't busy because he posts left wing political
crap here 24/7. When queried he fell back on the his previous lie "I was
out in the lobster boat" The man is sick & dangerous beyond help.

Harry's lie of the day??

This mix of factory pics & pics of somebody else's boat.

Gfretwell wrote:

No filter equals water. mix water with gas, get a lean fuel mixture.
That equals a burnt piston down the road.

Who said "no filter"
BTW on a EFI "lean mixture" means "pump in a little more fuel". That's

what the

oxygen sensor does.

Real men drink the water their fuel filters separate out...

Visit Yo Ho at:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/hakrause

--
Email sent to is never read.

DSK

Gfretwell wrote:

It occurred to me the other day as I was shelling out almost $30 for a spin on
fuel filter that this thing looks suspiciously like a $2.99 oil filter. Other
than the threading on the base, what is the difference?

The difference is in the porosity & pressure differential. The fuel filter is
designed to let a thinner (less viscous) fluid flow at a higher rate while
trapping smaller particles.

If you can't afford new fuel filters fairly often, you really can't afford a boat.
They're not that expensive and they prevent a lot of much more expenive repair.

You cut one open and
they certainly look like the same stuff inside.

Usually the Mark 1 eyeball is not calibrated for discriminating 5 micron 90gpm
filter elements from 30 micron 10gpm filter elements. YMMV

It also has nothing to do with
the can itself since Perko fuel filter are made from mild steel that rusts up
very quickly if you don't paint them. I prime and paint mine before I install
them and still don't get a year out of one before it starts bleeding rust from
somewhere.

If you're using a fuel filter for more than a year, you're destroying your engine
anyway.

Fair Skies
Doug King

Jim Woodward

Ease up, Sir. You didn't say what the filter was for and I assumed we were
about a talking a diesel. The same reasoning, however, applies to gas,
although the numbers are much lower. You also didn't say that it was one of
three in line.

For a gas boat used in the developed world, I'd probably throw away one,
maybe two of the filters and use a piece of hose. A car uses only one gas
filter, after all...

--
Jim Woodward
www.mvFintry.com

..
"Gfretwell" wrote in message
Particle size and pressure are different. You want to spend a thousand
bucks to rebuild a diesel fuel injection pump -- save $25 on your fuel
filters and you'll have a good shot at it.

Why would I buy a thousand dollar rebuilt diesel injection pump for an

outboard
that wasn't even required to have a fuel filter. This is one of 3 filters

in my
system. It is just there to stop dead bugs and trap some water I might

pick up.

Gfretwell

For a gas boat used in the developed world, I'd probably throw away one,
maybe two of the filters and use a piece of hose. A car uses only one gas
filter, after all...

Good point, perhaps the other gloom and doom posters should pay attention to
that.
The filter in question is mostly for water separation, I also have a glass
inline, mostly to be able to monitor fuel flow and the final filter in
integrated in the engine.
Lawrence James

If it's a gas filter and you're in the states just pour out the contents
into a clear glass jar at the end of the year. The water will settle to the
bottom and you can pour off the gas. Reuse the filter. I'm on the same
filter 3 years later.

"Gfretwell" wrote in message
For a gas boat used in the developed world, I'd probably throw away one,
maybe two of the filters and use a piece of hose. A car uses only one

gas
filter, after all...

Good point, perhaps the other gloom and doom posters should pay attention

that.
The filter in question is mostly for water separation, I also have a glass
inline, mostly to be able to monitor fuel flow and the final filter in
integrated in the engine.

Wayne.B

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 02:02:42 GMT, "Lawrence James"
wrote:

Reuse the filter. I'm on the same
filter 3 years later.

================================

Penny wise, pound foolish, IMHO.

Floyd in Tampa

Reuse the filter. I'm on the same
filter 3 years later.

================================

Penny wise, pound foolish, IMHO.

Perhaps, but I have yet to see any water or grit or anything at the shiny
bottom of my spin-on filter. I always get my gas at a roadside gas station.
Are there some unseen small particles possibly clogging up the filter, or do
you suggest changing it just "because".

Floyd in Tampa

If you're using a fuel filter for more than a year, you're destroying your

engine
anyway.

Fair Skies
Doug King

If the filter still looks new, inside and out, how is it going to destroy
your engine?