Short Wave Sportfishing

Default Why Ficht failed & why 2stroke OBs are thankfully gone (almost:-))

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:29:02 GMT, "JamesgangNC"
wrote:

I don't agree that there is any future in it. There is no other major
industry that is interested in producing large consumer two strokes besides
the boating outboard business. You simply can not easily design a two
stroke that is going to cleanly burn all the fuel at the entire rpm range.

I wasn't there, but I understand that at the dealer's meeting for the
E-TEC big engine rollout (about a month or so ago), they compared
emissions of an E-TEC 225 to a Honda Civic and the E-TEC showed better
overall figures - one in particular carbon monoxide and one other was
actually better by a big margin. They did the test in front of
everybody at the meeting as I understand it, so it was a live test.

Reducing the fuel charge is extremely dangerous to longevity. At the same
time advanced flow analysis and engine designs continue to make 4 strokes in
cars and motorcylces simpler, more powerful, cleaner, and cheaper to
produce. Most of that engineering is directly transferable into 4 stroke
outboards at a far lesser cost. The advantage of a full cycle to clean out
the combustion products and reload with a fresh charge is hard to beat if
you're looking to have a clean burn across the entire rpm range.

Well, we'll see.

Great discussion topic though. Nice job.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
-----------
"Angling may be said to be so
like the mathematics that it
can never be fully learnt..."

Izaak Walton "The Compleat Angler", 1653
K. Smith

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:15:06 +1000, "K. Smith"
wrote:

Enjoy your life Karen. You are just one of the Usenet denizens who
have nothing to contribute but negativity.

Later,

Tom

No Tom I'm the usenet denizen who warned people here in 97-98 that
Ficht wouldn't & couldn't work, further I actually explained why.

I was proven totally correct on all counts, sadly lots of people
pensioners, employees, boaters etc lost lots of money because people
like you, either brain dead dealers or dealer groupies decided rather
than deal with the technical issues you'd just throw mud at me, well
guess what I'm still squeaky clean & most of the Ficht dealers who told
all sorts of lies here have gone.

I'll still be here still clean as a whistle, after E-tec has gone
having cost many more lots of money & heartache.

So far you've not dealt with my points at all, what can't?? or just
scared, you should be.

quietest outboards, some details. Tom Hooper General 36 August 3rd 04 02:41 AM
Why Ficht failed no1 K Smith General 53 January 26th 04 07:46 PM
Why Ficht Failed No 2 (octane, propa speeds, oil dilution) K Smith General 12 January 26th 04 02:46 AM
2 or 4 stroke? RG General 46 December 15th 03 02:38 AM