John Gaquin

Default Bush wants DEMOCRACY in Mideast??? Or "credibility"?

"Ignoramus14327" wrote in message

I have to ask, the US has been occupying Iraq for 6 months
already. Quite a bit of time. Where are the elections?

Clearly no knowledge or grasp of history. Utterly clueless.

Disregard remaining blather.

JohnH

On 7 Nov 2003 16:56:48 GMT, Ignoramus14327
wrote:

Bush said that he wants more democracy in Mideast.

He earlier said that he wanted democracy in Iraq and that's why he
went there and clusterbombed towns etc.

I have to ask, the US has been occupying Iraq for 6 months
already. Quite a bit of time. Where are the elections? Where are any
preparations for elections? You would think that if he really wanted
democracy in Iraq, at least some election process would be
underway. Maybe elections would be scheduled for, say, March and now
there would be political parties forming etc. No such thing is
happening. No effort to do that is apparent.

Where is democracy?

Now, obviously, I am aware that Bush is a liar least interested in
Mideast democracy. My questions were rhetorical.

So what was the point of his speech? And I think that it is a threat
to mideast governments to stay in line and not complain about
occupation of Iraq, etc. But this threat is hollow. The US no longer
has forces capable of occupying one more midsize country due to being
mired in Iraq.

We all talk about how getting out of Iraq would "destroy our
credibility". Which means that other countries will not be as afraid
of us as we would like them to be if we withdraw. Well, right now we
are very firmly stuck in Iraq with not much more forces to spare for
further military adventures. What does that do to our "credibility"?
Can we credibly threaten, say, Iran, when our reservists are doing
yearlong tours of duty in Iraq already?

No.

What does this mean?

That our credibility is already being ruined no matter what we do in
Iraq. Getting out is bad for "credibility", staying is not better
either, but maybe more expensive. Either way is bad. And winning in
Iraq does not seem like it will happen anytime soon.

I expect the dumbest members of these newsgroups to attack my posting
alias (saying your alias Ignoramus fits you well), and the slightly
less stupid ones to dismiss me as a "liberal" (which I am not).

I invite the more intelligent posters to review my argument and see
where the fallacy lies, if you can find any.

When I had had my boat for six months, there was still a lot I didn't know about
it. I learned a lot about risers and headers when I pulled mine to check them
out. Some things just take time. Every year I learn more. As time goes by, you
will learn more too.

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
jps

"JohnH" wrote in message

When I had had my boat for six months, there was still a lot I didn't know

about
it. I learned a lot about risers and headers when I pulled mine to check

them
out. Some things just take time. Every year I learn more. As time goes by,

you
will learn more too.

You won't learn a lot about headers or anything else from Rush Limbaugh,
Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly.

Doug Kanter

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:59:48 -0800, "jps" wrote:

"JohnH" wrote in message
.. .

When I had had my boat for six months, there was still a lot I didn't

know
about
it. I learned a lot about risers and headers when I pulled mine to

check
them
out. Some things just take time. Every year I learn more. As time goes

by,
you
will learn more too.

You won't learn a lot about headers or anything else from Rush Limbaugh,
Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly.

Nor from you, jps. What the heck your reply has to do with John's
comments is beyond me.

You crossposted this to four groups because.... ?

Look closer, Einstein, the original writer crossposted it. If you respond,
your reply goes to the same groups as the original message, unless you edit
out the extraneous ones. Most of us don't do the editing because it's not
worth the trouble. Crossposting provides a benefit if the posting is done to
groups that make sense. Obviously, in this case, it didn't.

Main Entry: ex·tra·ne·ous
Pronunciation: ek-'strA-nE-&s
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin extraneus -- more at STRANGE
Date: 1638
1 : existing on or coming from the outside
2 a : not forming an essential or vital part extraneous ornamentation b :
having no relevance an extraneous digression
3 : being a number obtained in solving an equation that is not a solution of
the equation extraneous roots

Bill in Co.

On what topic? And for what group, Igor? Make up your mind. Looks like
you've got four crossposted groups in here. Perhaps your son can clarify it.

Ignoramus14327 wrote:
In article , John Gaquin wrote:

"Ignoramus14327" wrote in message

I have to ask, the US has been occupying Iraq for 6 months
already. Quite a bit of time. Where are the elections?

Clearly no knowledge or grasp of history. Utterly clueless.

Disregard remaining blather.

If you have nothing to say, do not say anything.

If you do have something to say, put forth your case.

JohnH

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:59:48 -0800, "jps" wrote:

"JohnH" wrote in message
.. .

When I had had my boat for six months, there was still a lot I didn't know

about
it. I learned a lot about risers and headers when I pulled mine to check

them
out. Some things just take time. Every year I learn more. As time goes by,

you
will learn more too.

You won't learn a lot about headers or anything else from Rush Limbaugh,
Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly.

One can learn from almost any experience. The information may not be relevant,
but simply new. I learned that remounting the manifolds on a 5.7L engine while
on hands and knees hanging over the engine compartment all by myself was a
bitch! Just today I learned that you must spend way too much time listening to
Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly if you are so knowledgeable about
their broadcasts.

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
Doug Kanter

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
nk.net...
What I found hilarious was the groups that it was posted to. marriage,
divorce, survival, boats. The first three have more in common.
Bill

It's interesting: The first three groups seem to be part of a pattern I've
seen with incorrectly crossposted messages in other newsgroups. In other
words, one of four groups is correct, but that set of three is present. I
wonder why?

Doug Kanter

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 19:22:16 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

Look closer, Einstein, the original writer crossposted it. If you

respond,
your reply goes to the same groups as the original message, unless you

edit
out the extraneous ones. Most of us don't do the editing because it's not
worth the trouble. Crossposting provides a benefit if the posting is done

groups that make sense. Obviously, in this case, it didn't.

I see it's the "the other guy did it-it's not my fault" defense so
prevalent today.

Douglas, if you are too stupid to figure out your reply is crossposting
and/or too lazy to do something about it, you shouldn't be posting.

Well, you apparently have plenty of time on your hands, Wally. You do it.

Doug Kanter

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 20:14:26 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Look closer, Einstein, the original writer crossposted it. If you

respond,
your reply goes to the same groups as the original message, unless you

edit
out the extraneous ones. Most of us don't do the editing because it's

not
worth the trouble. Crossposting provides a benefit if the posting is

done
groups that make sense. Obviously, in this case, it didn't.

I see it's the "the other guy did it-it's not my fault" defense so
prevalent today.

Douglas, if you are too stupid to figure out your reply is crossposting
and/or too lazy to do something about it, you shouldn't be posting.

Well, you apparently have plenty of time on your hands, Wally. You do it.

Good answer, Doug.

You whine, then say nothing substantive regarding the subject you
brought up.

I didn't whine about it. I simply explained to you why it happens. It's not
worth the effort to edit the newsgroup addresses for every message I send.
The issue doesn't arise often enough to be important.

Bush Quotes jps General 71 November 4th 03 03:30 AM
Bush Drops to 49%? Arrest the Pollsters Harry Krause General 0 September 26th 03 01:52 AM