Default I Love my BAYLINER

On Wednesday, January 29, 2003 at 9:13:53 AM UTC-5, Michael Seeley wrote:
Harry, you have finally impressed me, I thought you'd hit on this quickly..
(you seemed to have mellowed as of late) Let's see how you do with the
spring oil wars.... BTW, A punch in the nose??? Kind of cranky in our
advancing years aren't we?
"Dan O'Reilly" wrote in message
I have a 2002 185 Sport with the 190HP Merc. It's a terrific
boat, a lot of fun to drive. That bigger motor REALLY makes it get up
and move. I've had zero complaints about it mechanically (save for a
footprint on the back of a seat; they replaced the seat). About the
only complaint I have about it is its very-low-speed handling.
Anything under about 8mph or so, it wants to wander a bit, making for
interesting times when steering thru wakeless areas.

As for price, they are practically giving away boats right now in
Colorado, with the drought we've been having. I paid $15k for it, but
that was about $2k off list (inc. trailer), plus they threw in nearly
another grand worth of covers and other equipment. If you wouldn't
mind a drive up to Colorado, you can get some good deals here.

"Matt Costanza" wrote in message
I've been looking at several runabouts for the last couple of months..
I have decided that the Bayliner 185 with the bigger 190HP 4.3 Merc
suits my needs. The boat would be used in a fresh water lake in
Austin, Tx (Lake Travis and surrounding lakes).

I am interested in getting opionions on Bayliner quality as well as
the 185 specifically. From what I have been able to learn, Bayliner
has had some quality problems in the past but have improved their
build quality a great deal in the last few years.

I'm also looking for tips on how to find out the dealer cost on the
Bayliner 185. I have exactly one dealer to work with here in Austin Tx
(Austin Boats and Motors) They seem to have a MSRP mentality. I refuse
to pruchase a boat at or near MSRP.

Any help would be aprreciated. Please respond via my email address.

Regards,
--
Matt Costanza
Austin, Tx USA

I have a 2003 Bayliner 180 since new. I have had zero problems with the boat's hull deck or interior. I have done some maintenance on the engine in the last couple of years, but that is usual maintenance for the age of the engine. since Bayliner was bought by Brunswick their quality has greatly improved, plus, their warrantees are better as well. I would strongly recommend buying one.

'80 Bayliner James[_2_] General 5 September 25th 08 11:58 PM
Oil Pan on 21' bayliner T-Rav Boat Building 1 May 9th 06 12:41 AM
Bayliner 185 [email protected] General 14 June 19th 04 10:20 PM
'89 Bayliner HELP!! Rpk General 8 October 4th 03 02:07 AM
Bayliner Captain Ron ASA 6 August 30th 03 01:59 AM