Default Biden will not renew contracts with private prisons.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Joe Biden plans to take executive
actions on Tuesday to scale back the U.S. government’s use of private
prisons and bolster anti-discrimination enforcement in the housing
market, aides said.

The measures are part of a package of steps being taken by the new
Democratic president to roll back policies of his Republican predecessor
Donald Trump and promote racial justice reforms that he pledged to
address during the election campaign.

“These are just some of the first steps,” said Susan Rice, Biden’s
domestic policy adviser.

Under the new policies, the Justice Department not renew contracts with
private prison operators. Advocates have said privately operated prisons
have contributed to an increase in incarceration rates and treated
inmates poorly.

“Mass incarceration imposes significant costs on our society and
communities, while private prisons profiteer off of federal prisoners in
less safe conditions for prisoners and correctional officers alike,” the
Biden administration said in a fact sheet.

--
Bozo Binned: Herring, Bert Robbins, JackGoff 452471atgmail.com,
Just-AN-Asshole, Tim, AMDX, and Gunboy Alex, aka the Gang of Dull,

Keyser Söze wrote:
[...]

If he wants to reduce prison population, kill the War on Drugs. We lost
it. It is not winnable. About like trying to win a war in Somalia, or
Afghanistan.

On 1/26/21 4:37 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:
[...]

I think what Biden wants to do is kill the disgusting practice of
private prisons.

--
Bozo Binned: Herring, Bert Robbins, JackGoff 452471atgmail.com,
Just-AN-Asshole, Tim, AMDX, and Gunboy Alex, aka the Gang of Dull,
Witless, Insult-Tossing Trumpsters. If you are on this list, I don't see
most of your posts and I don't read any of them.

Keyser Sze Wrote in message:r
On 1/26/21 4:37 PM, Bill wrote: Keyser Sze wrote: WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Joe Biden plans to take executive actions on Tuesday to scale back the U.S. government?s use of private prisons and bolster anti-discrimination enforcement in the housing market, aides said. The measures are part of a package of steps being taken by the new Democratic president to roll back policies of his Republican predecessor Donald Trump and promote racial justice reforms that he pledged to address during the election campaign. ?These are just some of the first steps,? said Susan Rice, Biden?s domestic policy adviser. Under the new policies, the Justice Department not renew contracts with private prison operators. Advocates have said privately operated prisons have contributed to an increase in incarceration rates and treated inmates poorly. ?Mass incarceration imposes significant costs on our society and communities, while private prisons profiteer off of federal prisoners in less safe conditions for prisoners and correctional officers alike,? the Biden administration said in a fact sheet. If he wants to reduce prison population, kill the War on Drugs. We lost it. It is not winnable. About like trying to win a war in Somalia, or Afghanistan. I think what Biden wants to do is kill the disgusting practice of private prisons.-- Bozo Binned: Herring, Bert Robbins, JackGoff 452471atgmail.com,Just-AN-Asshole, Tim, AMDX, and Gunboy Alex, aka the Gang of Dull,Witless, Insult-Tossing Trumpsters. If you are on this list, I don't seemost of your posts and I don't read any of them.

I WON'T EVEN ASK WHY PRIVATE PRISONS ARE DISGUSTING TO FAT HARRY.
SNERK!
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...net/index.html

Bill wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:
[...]

He will need to continue to build the wall.

Keyser Söze wrote:
On 1/26/21 4:37 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:
[...]

Why do we have private prisons? Simple, we have too many incarcerated and
the states and government spent the money needed for prisons elsewhere.

Alex wrote:
Bill wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:
[...]

We don’t really need a wall. Just do like Mexico does when they find
somebody illegally in their country. Confiscate everything the illegal has
and deport him after a stay in a very bad prison.

Bill Wrote in message:r
Alex wrote: Bill wrote: Keyser Sze wrote: WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Joe Biden plans to take executive actions on Tuesday to scale back the U.S. government?s use of private prisons and bolster anti-discrimination enforcement in the housing market, aides said. The measures are part of a package of steps being taken by the new Democratic president to roll back policies of his Republican predecessor Donald Trump and promote racial justice reforms that he pledged to address during the election campaign. ?These are just some of the first steps,? said Susan Rice, Biden?s domestic policy adviser. Under the new policies, the Justice Department not renew contracts with private prison operators. Advocates have said privately operated prisons have contributed to an increase in incarceration rates and treated inmates poorly. ?Mass incarceration imposes significant costs on our society and communities, while private prisons profiteer off of federal prisoners in less safe conditions for prisoners and correctional officers alike,? the Biden administration said in a fact sheet. If he wants to reduce prison population, kill the War on Drugs. We lost it. It is not winnable. About like trying to win a war in Somalia, or Afghanistan. He will need to continue to build the wall. We don?t really need a wall. Just do like Mexico does when they findsomebody illegally in their country. Confiscate everything the illegal hasand deport him after a stay in a very bad prison.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...net/index.html

On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 14:17:34 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

[...]

Are they going to stop incarcerating people or just let a bunch go. I
would start with the non-violent drug offenders.
Maybe kick loose every pot dealer or people convicted of simple
possession, who was arrested in a state where it is legal now.
That has to be an irony that grates on a lot of inmate's minds.

On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 18:38:14 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 1/26/21 4:37 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:
[...]

As someone who knows a former resident of the Maryland penal system,
the government prisons are pretty disgusting too.

You mean those no-bid contracts by Bush/Cheney were abused?? [email protected] General 4 April 8th 08 09:05 PM
Shared boat contracts tkranz Cruising 4 November 2nd 06 09:22 PM
Bush's pals get New Orleans reconstruction contracts Bob General 27 September 13th 05 04:22 AM
renew sails Daniel Cruising 3 September 23rd 04 03:41 AM
( OT ) Bush: Renew Patriot Act or Else Jim General 3 April 20th 04 04:26 AM