Default Neverending MAGA

WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. employers shed jobs last month for the first time
since April, cutting 140,000 positions, clear evidence that the economy is
faltering as the viral pandemic tightens its grip on consumers and
businesses.

At the same time, the unemployment rate stayed at 6.7%, the first time it
hasn’t fallen since April.

Friday’s figures from the Labor Department suggest that employers have
rehired roughly all the workers they can afford to after having laid off
more than 22 million in the spring — the worst such loss on record. With
consumer spending barely growing over the past few months, most companies
have little incentive to hire. The economy still has 9.9 million fewer jobs
than it did before the pandemic sent it sinking into a deep recession
nearly a year ago.

--
Lock Trump Up

Keyser Soze wrote:

WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. employers shed jobs last month for the first time
since April, cutting 140,000 positions, clear evidence that the economy is
faltering as the viral pandemic tightens its grip on consumers and
businesses.

At the same time, the unemployment rate stayed at 6.7%, the first time it
hasn’t fallen since April.

Friday’s figures from the Labor Department suggest that employers have
rehired roughly all the workers they can afford to after having laid off
more than 22 million in the spring — the worst such loss on record. With
consumer spending barely growing over the past few months, most companies
have little incentive to hire. The economy still has 9.9 million fewer jobs
than it did before the pandemic sent it sinking into a deep recession
nearly a year ago.

Maybe it is people are making more on unemployment than they made working.
We have friends who own several Cleaning franchises. She can not get new
employees.

On 1/8/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

[...]

Yeah, sure. I was in a supermarket yesterday, late afternoon, the
beginning of evening rush, when the stores usually are full of shoppers.
There were two cashiers working at the 20 cashier locations and long
lines of customers waiting to check out. The store manager came by and I
asked him why a busy store like his only had two cashiers on duty. He
said he couldn't find any that wanted the jobs. I told him if he paid
$20 an hour, he'd find some. We already have sky-high grocery prices
here, so the stores can afford to pay a going rate.

--
Bozo Binned: Herring, Bert Robbins, JackGoff 452471atgmail.com,
Just-AN-Asshole, Tim, and Gunboy Alex, aka the Gang of Dull, Witless,

On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 14:54:12 -0000 (UTC), Keyser Soze
wrote:

WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. employers shed jobs last month for the first time
since April, cutting 140,000 positions, clear evidence that the economy is
faltering as the viral pandemic tightens its grip on consumers and
businesses.

At the same time, the unemployment rate stayed at 6.7%, the first time it
hasn’t fallen since April.

Friday’s figures from the Labor Department suggest that employers have
rehired roughly all the workers they can afford to after having laid off
more than 22 million in the spring — the worst such loss on record. With
consumer spending barely growing over the past few months, most companies
have little incentive to hire. The economy still has 9.9 million fewer jobs
than it did before the pandemic sent it sinking into a deep recession
nearly a year ago.

What do you think the economy would be like if the whole country acted
like Cuomo or Newsome?

On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 14:01:31 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 1/8/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

[...]

Why work when you can make more money tax free?

Even more MAGA... Keyser Soze General 34 May 9th 20 10:21 PM
MAGA'ing right along... Keyser Soze General 0 April 16th 20 01:43 PM
MAGA! Again Keyser Soze General 50 April 5th 20 12:30 AM
More MAGA... Keyser Soze[_2_] General 11 March 31st 20 11:49 PM
MAGA! Keyser Söze General 8 December 15th 17 12:55 AM